Monday, November 7, 2016

I have Christmas shopped
you know I have never really had a Christmas I've never been able to afford one I've made my house Christmassy I've had trees almost always and little stuff for The Surfer but never a real true Christmassy Christmas
this year The Surfer who doesn't know about this blog is getting among other things a real true Radio Flyer red wagon (metal not that plastic crap) and an honest to bog brown leather pilot's flight jacket and Gregory Crewdson's new art book and some camping gear and some guitar picks that have Van Gogh paintings on them and a record player an actual turn table!

oh gosh

I have become a woman who says oh gosh

I think it's a good sign

9 Comments:

Blogger Elle Clancy said...

So glad to see you're back!

November 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Elle!!!

November 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to send you a Christmas card. Lovely having you back, missed you. Hope you are 100% soon.
Xoxo
Barbara

November 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Lesley UK said...

So, you ran away to the circus! I wondered where you had gone.

November 8, 2016 at 4:44 AM  
Blogger na said...

I love that you are in the Christmas spirit :)

November 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara I already have your Christmas card picked out and ready to mail from the island on December 1!!! Thank you. I actually ate a gigantic breakfast this morning and so far so good.
xoxoxox

November 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Lesley, hello! And it just figures doesn't it? Seriously the circus should have been everyone's first guess!

November 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Eileen, I've always been a Christmassy kind of person but never had the means to feel good about it with my son not the way I wanted. Now I do. Today he said he wanted to order a Bible from St. Patrick's in NY so he can officiate at weddings (!?!?!) so I ordered one for him (modern) and then ordered him a KJV Bible from another source. And a Richard Sherman bobble head doll. We are a footbally family.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

November 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I should have known I'd find you at Summer's End! I think the surfer will be very happy with his gifts. So imaginative. You inspire me!

November 10, 2016 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home