Monday, December 23, 2019

Three years

Three years ago today we loaded up the last boxes threw our house keys on the floor of that awful house and locked it behind us forever

This night three years ago I held a terrible secret a blood sacrifice to the forest the sky I cannot write about it further I have been grieving all day tears on and off through the morning and now again but we made it out alive my brave son and I we made it out alive and are better people for our journey I hope three years ago I slipped into the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in after spending most of the night calling into the dark woods the trees the still unknown forest the blackest night the utter dark pressing in and strangely wide open different alien

I am working on forgiving myself

Right now I’m fighting the almost irresistible urge to eat as much fat and protein and sugar and wheat as possible then sleeping for five to seven months

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve we are almost through it almost










5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There are things I try to forgive myself for as well. If we are decent humans and live long enough, we will be responsible for something that we should have taken more care with. Although I don't think you did anything wrong. It was a coming-together of bad luck and circumstance.
But you have to feel the way you feel. I know.
I have been happy for three years now that you are in that house!
I love you, woman.
Nice old '57.

December 23, 2019 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

You made it out alive. This is everything. xoxo

December 23, 2019 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Mary.

December 23, 2019 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear RQ you are absolutely correct.
XO
R

December 23, 2019 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I thought I commented here. But it seems it was only in my head. I remember that year, the joy and anguish. you made it through. love.

January 6, 2020 at 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home