Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Pig and farm report

I feel equal parts energetic and rebecca-small-r tragic yesterday I baked this delicious and amazing loaf of bread stuffed with gruyere cheese roasted tomatoes and basil from my garden today I swapped out my spring duvet cover for my winter duvet cover then I paid my property taxes which were not due until Halloween actually on Halloween which is altogether hinky but I kept thinking about the enormous sum of it the Halloween of it the power of the receipt in my hidey place kept creeping up on me and I’d worry worry worry and so I just did it I paid online early then I bought myself a pair of bright red boots they’re good for navigating out here and that’s pretty much all I wear now boots in the winter surfer flip flops in the summer the rebecca-small-r tragic part is me feeling like I should be a super woman who can read a pattern and sew a mask sew ten or twenty masks! sew 40,000 masks! masks for everyone! but I can’t even read a book these days and when I look at a pattern the lines and measurements swim across the paper or website or page in a distressing way and I refuse to explain myself further or be shamed by my lack because fuck it look at this biscuit light loaf of deliciousness that I baked and I paid my property taxes like a grown up and also no one can rock a pair of red boots like I can


I have been tending to Hal’s cold by locking him in the bathroom with me for twenty minutes twice a day with the shower going full blast hot and the fan off so we both get the benefits of a sauna me for my girly complexion Hal for his crusty boogers I also attempt to smear erythromycin ointment into his literal eyeball which is enflamed and trust me he is still very feral when it comes to having anybody poke around in his eyeball and I am too I’m taking him to our covid free vet Friday which means stuffing him into his wee crate then waiting in my car in the vet’s parking lot as they check him out inside their office I am okay with this arrangement because I have not forgot last January when after wrangling Wolfie to the hot vet office I fainted right there on the goddamn floor like a Victorian spinster though I did not fall I just sat on a chair quickly then sloped onto the floor Hal is a little better today he has been howling for attention and he ate mightily and he “helped” me swap out my duvet covers but he surely does look like a drunk little pirate with his sneezes and his wonky eyeball 

this morning I met this basketball sized wasp nest hanging from a slender madrona branch behind my house hello I said to the many many very busy wasps while slowly backing away from the nest there is no way I’m crawling all the way up a ladder at night in the pitch black woods to contain them while they sleep nope we have agreed to live together peacefully yay nature


I spied a tiny house in a tree near the beach not a treehouse and yet a treehouse all the same with windows with lacy curtains and a proper pointed roof and power and a tiny tiny yard with weird small playground toys in it now I go there every day and just stare at it as it is fabulous beyond belief I can tell someone is living there so no picture but still I keep staring as I pass because it is pure magic




12 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I wish I could see the magic treehouse! Glad Hal’s appetite is good. I have to take my Charlie Friday, same wait in your car arrangement at the vet. I’ve suddenly become responsible for my brother in laws two dogs, I’m learning a lot and they are sweet beasts but I’ve been a cat lady most of my life. I’m doing the best I can and Charlie’s been a really good sport about the situation. It been nearly 3 months since he slipped into a coma, I know the dogs must be pining for him.
You bake the prettiest, most drool worthy loaves! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

September 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

Dearest grown up Rebecca, proud of you all the way! The OMG bread and red boots!! You are rocking this change of season. I need boots.
You are a good nurse, Hal is grateful, pretty sure.
The wasps will leave when winter comes and leave that cool looking nest/hive/house.
And you are more polite than I have ever been when it comes to taking pictures. I just take.

September 2, 2020 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There is nothing wrong with a woman who can make a loaf of bread that looks like that. Your energies have merely shifted, perhaps like the earth's as fall approaches.
What a good cat mama you are to do the vet thing. I wish all the best and speedy recovery for your drunk little pirate.
I want to see the tiny magic tree house too. It sounds enchanted.

September 3, 2020 at 6:46 AM  
Anonymous ClayBeFree said...

Hello friend! Did your book arrive yet?

September 3, 2020 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara oh honey I’m so sorry to read about your brother in law but you are doing the best thing ever in caring for Charlie. For that you are three times blessed plus love from all the Animal Gods. XO

September 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Linda isn’t that nest a gorgeous piece of nature? Seasonal cusps always energize me for some reason. I took a photo of the backend of the little little house. They’re building a wee white picket fence around it now. I will post later today.XO

September 4, 2020 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary my inability to read a pattern is directly related to my pbd which auto corrected itself to PhD lol. No amount of YouTube videos will fix this but I believe time will and healing. Vet day today and we’re all so excited 😳XO

September 4, 2020 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ps. Linda Sue sorry for leaving off half your name.

September 4, 2020 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Darling Clay I’m holding that piece of blue deliciousness in my paws right this minute. It makes me so happy to see you here.XO

September 4, 2020 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Who cares about sewing masks when you can make a loaf like that. made me want to climb through my screen and come our in your redrum kitchen.

September 5, 2020 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest Rosemarie remember a few scant years ago when I was sewing dresses and buying patterns like nobody’s business? Blarghhh. Don’t know if it’s my BPD or covid brain but most of the time I wait patiently for reading to return to me. Let’s break bread together in the future.XO

September 6, 2020 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
®

September 26, 2020 at 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home