Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Pig and farm report

 




We recuperate today. Holidays should not feel like illness but they do something to get through like a colonoscopy. There is a quiet now in my head and in my house even though the tree shedding in the outer outer room is still lit up.

I am by necessity morphing from a Very Nervous Girl into a Calm Woman because it has been proven to me that stress makes me sick. I rather loved the Very Nervous Girl because she was swift and smart and got a lot of things done and was a fast thinker and could react in a moment's notice to any juggernaut hurtled her way. My body doesn't love the Very Nervous Girl any more. My body loves Calm Woman she who thinks before she speaks looks both ways before crossing the road who keeps her hands and feet inside the ride at all times. 

Out here in the North 48° geography is elastic. Night reverses or doubles itself and if it is not late it will be late soon if I am not diligent diligence being the rudder the bow the shoe's heel. Sometimes it is a memory etched on a sidewalk happy new year floating from my eaves as the starlings shoot out. I have no chart on the proper way of seduction by water the low drone of an airplane fur or deep beds. I'm afraid of dogs running at me but not an ant parade or chemistry's miracles. I have to admit that I am small and helpless with zero raspberry jam a tea set's small flat knife and a rose patterned saucer. You don't have to know me one hot second to know I am not fond of roses or rats or how they are depicted at the end holding the earth's skirt in their teeth. 

Happy Boxing Day Darklings.





6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

That picture is perfection in all regards, even to the way the pattern of the duvet makes a road directly to the waiting cat.
Every time I read a new post of yours, I realize something about myself. Today's lesson: I no longer want to be Very Nervous Girl either. It is of the greatest necessity for me to strive to be Calm Woman at all times. And I do try. Sometimes life punches Calm Woman in the face though. These times do not go well.
Yes. Stress makes us sick.
Well, Christmas is over. I, too, am recovering.
We've made it, darling girl.

December 26, 2023 at 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a relief isn’t it? Hal is such a tiny beesty and he always has that wtf expression on his face. Onward and upward Mary Moon! XOR

December 26, 2023 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've been negligent in reading blogs. I don't know what type of Woman I am anymore. Perhaps I'm morphing into Peasant Woman. I will say again that your writing is exquisite.

December 26, 2023 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I have found it necessary, vital, to drawn back from the windows and keep close counsel with myself. This is against my nature, or it was. Now I feel differently. I want the calm, the breath, the upright feelings of not toppling over. I lost something when I began to let her go, the wild one, that devil-may-care, but I feel too solid most of the time for much of her witchery light to pour in. And I am stronger. And the words are still here. And the pictures.

December 27, 2023 at 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

37paddington: you illuminated something for me, the qualities I fear losing if I release my own very nervous girl, but it is time. Who will I be? I’m not sure yet. Calm woman still feels an abyss away. But there is such wisdom in this post. Thank you dear R.

December 28, 2023 at 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Jeannine Hall Gailey said...

I know exactly what you mean about nervous girl versus calm woman. I need to learn to practice that myself - the hypervigilance, the talking too fast, the anxiety, the sleeplessness - the quickness never seems worth it.

January 1, 2024 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home