Sunday, June 26, 2022

Pig and farm report

 


Yesterday was the first warm day of the season out here I opened all the windows in the house cleaned the spiders off the fans and brought them up from the shed and made cold pasta salad for dinner there is a giant watermelon in my refrigerator right now waiting for the knife I’m writing this on Docs so I have no idea what the spacing will look like once I paste it into persnickety blooger 


It’s difficult to write about anything other than what’s happening here in what used to be the United states it’s difficult to think about anything else really now at what very well may be the end times so I will write here that I live in a free state so far and if you need to come here for a medical procedure you can stay here I can’t do much but I can be part of the vast pipeline that is forming right now an underground army of women who can help who believe that women and men (humans with wombs) are not second class citizens or chattel many of us old enough to remember when abortion was still illegal the patriarchy is gathering strength and speed even now that permit free open carry gun laws have been passed in NY and women’s rights are being stripped away and one church is trying to rule us all


It’s difficult to write of anything else right now so I will work on the poem I’ve been working on for weeks and keep reading and keep baking bread and go to my garden and glare at the cool ground where my tomato seedlings complain about the god awful cold spring the rain and lack of sun I’ve begun driving after a very long period of just never wanting to get behind the wheel again I think my not wanting to drive (or read for that matter) might have been new iterations of my bi-polar disease who knows it seems to evolve all the time my stupid brain and its little fires


Be safe Darklings wherever you are.


7 Comments:

Blogger Linda Sue said...

Not wanting to drive , or read , is trending, so either you have started a fad or everyone has "stupid brain/fire" bipolar tendencies, becoming more so as the nation in which we live is torn asunder. Nothing makes sense, nothing is reliable, we are playing "the living room is hot lava" ...we are popping crazily like water drops on the pancake skillet!
Our tomatoes also are shivering , afraid to trust this one day of reasonable weather, not making flowers, not going to chance it.

June 26, 2022 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot lava! This is such a perfect description. 🥀
Love,
Rebecca

June 26, 2022 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I tried to watch a doc on HBO last night called The Janes and I have to say it triggered me although I am not generally very triggerable. I had to quit. All those women, all that work, all that belief and courage and determination which did indeed lead to better things and now look.
Okay. Enough of that.
Mostly I am glad to see you. I am joyful to know you are here/there. You are.
You are loved.

June 26, 2022 at 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m so fucking tired and at the same time I know in my deepest guts that it’s time to mobilize our Army of Goddesses.
Love from my little slice of heaven,
Rebecca

June 26, 2022 at 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The goddess army! Count me in. The weight of the evil in this country Is unbearable. Much love
Xoxo
Barbara

June 27, 2022 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh gosh, it's so good to read your words. Terrible America, right? I love to think about glaring at the ground.

June 29, 2022 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger 6279 said...

Keep being. Some of my tomatoes have rotten bums whyyyyyy? They have everything they need.
The cat is snoring and twitching.
I imagine that there is hope for humans, as long as this small group of likeminds keep on glaring and working.

August 14, 2022 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home