Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April 27.

The hummingbirds are thirsty now

My brother’s dahlias light up

like a party at night it’s time

to release the dragon kite

across the frozen artichoke 

field my brother and I see

entities from other dimensions

we thought the earth was rising

up and cracked like an elder

woman’s hands how could

you not be open to all that

light my brother is Bruce

Willis fighting crime in Los

Angeles he knows the broken

heart of the world his sugar

dog prances and sings among 

the dahlias demanding that we

not stand still as the light

streams blue and wild here

in Arcadia

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

The way each of your April poems has been so exactly its own, unique in flavor and form, has struck me.

April 27, 2022 at 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️

April 27, 2022 at 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps that’s me, Rebecca sheesh

April 27, 2022 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

dragon kite

across the frozen artichoke

field my heart breaks for bruce willis

April 27, 2022 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

the broken heart of the world, can it ever be mended. i have loved your April poems.

April 28, 2022 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home