Friday, April 22, 2022

April 21.

 I posted this yesterday but on the wrong blog yikes!


 Alice’s poem


Leaving Cheryl’s funeral a bee

flew in my jacket or Gail’s

I stopped the car jumped out

or Gail jumped out certain the bee

was Cheryl saying hello saying

goodbye saying haha gotcha

later I planted a hazelnut tree

in the side yard of my rental house

in north Seattle the next day Alice

made us a tea party at work

we drank out of small white cups

with wild green leaves growing

on them Cheryl might have never

been a ghost but now Alice is

I can’t find her anywhere Gail gone

too all the girls lost to me one way

or another all the girls donning

our jackets and teacups laughing up 

and down our green sides


2 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

It's haunting how people disappear from our lives as we move from stage to stage. This is beautiful, and sad.

April 22, 2022 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Yes. The ghosts of friends past.
Or sometimes, passed.

April 22, 2022 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home