Thursday, January 4, 2018

muddling through

Raging loneliness lonesome lonely radical aloneness continues. Certain music makes it worse. Mozart definitely. Romantic or thoughtful movies or movies featuring an animal. One or two poets wreck me every single time. I know it’s me it’s my doing it’s my entirely fault. I accept the breach. Every Friday night late I put on my best silkies and fanciest shoes and prettiest dress and I make my hair full and satin I check the mirror my god I look beautiful and vibrant I look at my front door my telephone I look at my car outside with its brand new perky flywheel its fragrance I look at the computer the names and numbers hidden inside I go to my bed after that and crawl under the covers shoes and all and pleasure myself then smoke an imaginary cigarette in a deep sinkhole of lonely and cry hot animal tears and sometimes I sleep and sometimes I lie awake and consider doing it again on Saturday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am always here, Rebecca. Not there, but here. I hope you know that. And I would love to see a picture of you, all beautiful and vibrant.

January 4, 2018 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

radical loneliness. you taught me that phrase. it presses in on the skin. i wish i were there at your door when you're all dressed up and we could go somewhere and sip and whisper away the lonely.

January 4, 2018 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I feel you.

January 4, 2018 at 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((Rebecca))
Your full, satin hair is gorgeous, like your soul.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 5, 2018 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home