Monday, December 25, 2017

Dear Darklings,


I have been away for years and for two short months it feels like forever every day I woke and thought today will be the day but I have been busy learning how to be happy how to live inside of joy how to press against light instead of being invaded by darkness in fact today every light in the house is on every candle is lit not to push away night but to invite joy it's going to take a while to get back into the rhythm of my daily writing practice I've also been learning how to create boundaries for myself psychic and physical internet and town and this is the first Christmas in all of my memories that I woke happy and did not cry and did not grieve and did not become swallowed up with depression I went to the beach each morning walked my property cut my hair and dyed strands of it pink and I have been too sick to sit up for more than a half hour at a time but I'm on an uptick now I'm healthy and sane (comparatively) and I will be back here sooner now rather than later

Merry Christmas to those of you will observe
Merry Winter to those of you who are inside of the cold

I have missed you all but I'm back now

Love
Rebecca




3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You know what, Rebecca? I woke up neither suicidal nor depressed nor even flat this morning but ready to get back to my daughter's house to help cook a breakfast and watch children open presents and I was (am) in love with my husband and I actually felt joy.
I cannot remember the last time that happened on Christmas unless I was so far away, in Mexico, like another planet.
I love you and I am glad you are back, Beautiful Woman, to share your words, your thoughts, your images.
Welcome back. Hello. You have been missed so much.

December 25, 2017 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh Mary thank you. I am glad to be back I hope I have some thoughts that matter here. xxxooo

December 26, 2017 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I lost my blog roll and could not add you as I recreated it because you were away so I didn’t know till just now that you’re back and I’m so happy to see you! I just added you back. I am so glad your Christmas was happy, mine was too, and easier than usual. I loved my Mr T Christmas card and tucked it into my mirror where it makes me smile and think of you. I loved be your pink stranded hair. I love you.

December 28, 2017 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home