Sunday, September 10, 2017

first fire

it was cold this morning at least cold for me 50 degrees and I'm alone here with kitties and last week I finally found an affordable fireplace screen ($44 at Ace Hardware) because damn do you know how expensive fireplace screens are? I was afraid Jupiter who is only 2 years old and up until last April has always been an outside cat would put her nose on the glass which gets blistering hot though Orlando being 17 years old and wise to the ways of fireplaces would do no such thing little Orlando's fur is so sad now slightly oily and it no longer smooths down but she is an elder and I know our fur changes I barely have any left on my legs these days which pleases me no end we had two days of rain a thunderstorm and the air cleared itself of ash which has been falling in my forest for days from fires I harvested the end of my garden Friday and my computer is about to go to sleep so I will leave you with this for now the last of the September harvest black tipped lettuces gorgeous tomatoes giant scallions baby cucumbers and a single serrano papper I'll see you as soon as I recharge

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It looks so peaceful. Thank you for that.

September 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely, peaceful room. And cats! I love your chaise. I am waiting to find out if Irma destroyed my one and only house in Virgin Gorda. I was planning to return there soon. I guess I shall be homeless instead. The island is decimated.

-invisigal

September 10, 2017 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary, thank you. That's exactly how I felt too that rainy day feeling and a fire and beloved.

September 11, 2017 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Invisible, oh I am so effing sorry. Sending prayers to the Animal Gods for your safety and for the safety of your house and island and yes your stuff. Keep in touch here.

September 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I meant invisigal grrrrr spell check!!!!!

September 11, 2017 at 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca Radish King, you and your Animal Gods are most kind. I heard from my girlfriend that her daughter says my house is "fine," one of the few left standing on the island. We built it with our own two hands (with a lot of help from the community for casting the concrete) right after Hurricane Hugo.

My new psychiatrist tells me that the home is a metaphor for the self. Our talks follow from there.

Interestingly, he also tells me that in his opinion I do not have bipolar as I was told more than 20 years ago, rather PTSD. It feels true. The guardedness, the depression, the sudden anger at times and the anxiety and fear. I hope he can help me. He says he can but that trauma work requires an absence of acute crisis. Ha!

Thank you for your prayers.



-invisigal

September 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home