Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 21

The state park just minutes from my house is closed and I mean seriously closed not just closed to everyone but me which I magically thought would happen there are big iron gates over the road so I took myself to Iverson Spit which was beautiful at low tide

we had cheese quesadillas and homemade minestrone for lunch slash dinner we only eat two meals a day here at the house of uncertain light

this morning I drove past two women walking near our tiny marina on opposite sides of the road screaming a conversation at each other over the wind which seems always always present

my son went to the store this morning still no toilet paper or paper towels or flour or sugar or yeast he is doing all the shopping now which makes me bonkers because while he is a very competent cook he doesn’t shop like a cook so I have to make a complicated list for him and he sticks to it not thinking ’hmm this might be good tomorrow for dinner’ on one hand he saved me money because I toss stuff in my cart that looks interesting on the other hand we’ll be eating pretty much the same thing every night unless it’s cheese filled and baked which has suited me just fine lately there is a shopping time set aside for we elders at the store but being separated from the herd is how you get eaten by the lion I did go into the pot store for some magic candy and I felt the looks of horror shot at me by the people behind the counter OLD LADY! OLD LADY! GAHHHHHH! SAVE YOURSELVES!!!!! even though I stood on the blue x and didn’t cough or spit

I can’t concentrate to read right now so I’m scrolling through twitter ignoring the news and switching back and forth between the incredible documentary Crip Camp on Netflix and rewatching Mad Men life feels both pinched down and wildly flailing about hello






8 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Life feels pinched down. Yes. But how wonderful to have a beach you can walk to, and dream beside. Hugs.

March 25, 2020 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Thank you. Those pictures have done my heart good. Loving you from across the miles.
Be well.

March 25, 2020 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I have never felt so utterly grateful to be in such a gorgeous unpopulated place I give thanks every single day ❤️

March 25, 2020 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary Moon dear heart you would have loved the way the earth smelled today ❤️

March 25, 2020 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger beth coyote said...

It's day eight for me and I'm well, thank gawd. My younger child's birthday is tomorrow and we will Zoom together. I have a hat I made with fairy lights all over it (for Burning Man) and birthday candles I will stick into something. Maybe a plant. Then I'll 'help' her blow out the candles. And her bday present arrived, yay.

All my friend midwives are scurrying but I'm just...home being old. Painting on the painting in my living room and trying not to get paint on the wall.

XXXXXXX

March 25, 2020 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh Beth how you must miss her. Happy birthday to you both and Felix too. How they and all your moms must miss you. Hold safe and steady the course dear Coyote. ❤️

March 25, 2020 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh I miss the part of the world in which you live. I want to come visit. Right now. Thank you for reminding me about Crip Camp!

March 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Please come visit! It sure is beautiful out here. You can stand on the shore and wave at Whidbey Island with me. ❤️

March 26, 2020 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home