Friday, March 20, 2020

Pig and farm report




I had a panic attack at Iverson Spit this morning fogged in slimy and desolate I was sure I wasn’t going to be able to refill my temazapam which I use for sleep and my trazodone which I use for sleep for reasons vague and not so vague (instructions from the government to have two weeks worth of meds stashed away for instance) I was worried that my pharmacy might not have any in stock which has happened this vague and not so vague worry kept the dogs gnawing my feet for a while so there I was at deserted spooky Iverson Spit right before I slipped in the slime and seagull shit and landed on my right buttock which is screaming at me now my steadfast and intrepid son fetched my meds for me this afternoon and thinks he has quarantined me from outside I think the lack of supplies out here have me twitchy now dish soap laundry soap mayonnaise and pickles have disappeared from our shelves along with everything else I read there might be a food shortage in the US in the NYT and I’m certainly witnessing it from here the original epicenter of the virus I took a shower washed all my clothes and my hair and spent the rest of the day in bed binge watching Patrick Melrose and all I really want to do is bake some bread

hello
how are you?

8 Comments:

Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Not great, to be honest. I keep walking and walking and wishing I lived closer to actual woods but enormously grateful for chickens and sky and birds and flowers and we have ten pounds of flour in the house and a lot of toilet paper and I don't have to travel with Jonah for a longfuckingtime. Sending love. Glad you're up there in the primordial woods north of me. xoxo

March 20, 2020 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I’m so sorry you’re having a rough go. It is right to be frightened now and those who aren’t are just not paying attention. Just having a place to go outside and breathe helps so much. ♥️

March 20, 2020 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's almost terrifying here in Los Angeles. 10 million people and half will be sick? What does that even mean? I'm trying not to implode, to get into a sort of zen rhythm, but damn it's hard.

March 20, 2020 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am so grateful for this 2.2 acres I live on which is teeming, screaming with life right now. I find myself wanting to conserve food and supplies. A suddenly reincarnated depression/war era housewife. Please be careful. As a midwife I know posted on facebook- now is not the time to have to go to an ER.
So thankful for your son. He IS intrepid.
I need to wash my hair today. I really do.

March 21, 2020 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth I couldn’t imagine living in the city right now. I hear you. about trying not to implode. everything is wild and weird so very weird.

March 21, 2020 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary yes just like that housewife. I took a bath yesterday and cut my nails. It helped.

March 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

What use is it to worry? I see this more clearly than I ever have. And yet I lay in bed in the deep of night, spinning, spinning, all the way out.

March 21, 2020 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R I have these grace periods where I either stop worrying or I forget for a minute. They don’t last long. Nights are the longest.

March 21, 2020 at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home