Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Pig and farm report

this morning Page and I went to three different stores looking for toilet paper and flour and yeast there was one four roll pack of toilet paper left paper towels are gone and all the sanitary napkins and tampons gone too yes I get obsessive about having toilet paper sure people went without it in the good old days and had a lot of diseases too

there are no more trucks delivering to the island at least for now

the bread has been gone for a while I’ve had to give up panic baking because the flour is gone which I don’t understand because not many people around here bake their own bread I still have masa though plenty of it and corn tortillas are the easiest thing to make all the masa needs is warm water and a pinch of salt and a fire

I am so glad my son is here and being careful

I was going to write a poem today but after my gloomy shopping excursion and a good trip to the beach I came home and watched Mad Men and tried to numb my brain I can feel mania creeping in my bipolar 1 dark angel allowing anxious to settle hovering around all over the house all over and inside me crankiness and insomnia ramping up to go go go

tomorrow I want to take a picture of the madrona in which the pileated woodpecker has drilled tiny holes did you know that the woodpecker pecks small holes in trees and then waits for the tree to develop a wound and waits for the wound to soften and grow as larger and larger animals burrow into it then the woodpecker comes back to claim his food from the tree did you know that the surrounding trees feel the pain in these wounds?

there is so much to do here and so much space in which to do it and I am glad

this morning I drove past two children jumping on a trampoline and it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen

Alice are you okay? Missing you hard.

Love,
Rebecca

6 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Life in these times. People who lived through war say this feels more dangerous. Be well, you and Page. Love.

March 18, 2020 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There will be more flour. But I'm glad you have masa. And Page. And the ocean.
Love.

March 19, 2020 at 5:48 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R I know you are seeing it there too. I am quarantined with your book for now libraries and drop boxes closed. I am glad to have you close this way.xoxo

March 19, 2020 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary yes there will be more flour but it not here now nor is it in Seattle or on Amazon or at the King Arthur website. But you’re right there will be more.

March 19, 2020 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

omg, you got the book? i hope you enjoy getting to know Linda. she's quite awesome.

March 19, 2020 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I got it literally in the nick of time an hour before they closed the library for the foreseeable future. ♥️♥️♥️

March 19, 2020 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home