Saturday, July 4, 2020

small america

my least favorite holiday in my most favorite month

I tuned in to the broadcast from South Dakota last night to see the protests when I heard the police tell the indigenous people to “go home” the camera then swung to the US Air Force Academy concert band and I saw a trombonist empty his spit valve on the ground in front of him as brass players do all that breathing going on all those spit valves being emptied

not a mask to be seen

today I tended my garden ate an apple baked a loaf of jarlsberg cheese sun dried tomato and basil bread changed and washed my sheets changed and washed my tablecloth anxious with all the explosions I did not go to the beach

the american president is a Russian agent and a war criminal I heard him last night slurring his words sweating like the gross vile pig he is while calling peaceful protesters “leftist fascists” and trying to incite civil war and I only listened to one minute of the speech that was written for him

not a mask in sight all those human bodies crushed close because the american president ordered the chairs to be zip tied together to make the crowd look bigger

the feral kittens are hiding under my bed I don’t blame them not for one hot second I might join them Jupiter remains with me here in the sun stalwart queen that she is





Sidenote ::

I for one will be very glad for high fiving to finally pass out of fashion all that bro and bruh garbage ugh also please don’t slap my hands ever













7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Every time I think, "Well, this is just too much," it gets worse.
Every. Time.
And I am still shocked.

July 5, 2020 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

We have to stay shocked. Complacency is dangerous. Ugh.

July 5, 2020 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

I will not slap your hand, high five EVER, I may curtsy or bow slightly to acknowledge the YOU, but nope on the bro shit. Today I am taking a break from shock and it feels like I an once again eleven years old full of sunshine and promise. a break is good.The shock has made my hair fall to the ground and left blisters on my underside. Need a breather.

July 5, 2020 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I took a break until my son called with news from over the mountains where it is grim. July is the best for me has always been and yes I feel like I am eleven in a world still full of promise.

July 5, 2020 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm staying shocked here. And I'm always grateful to hear him called a vile pig because language is everything these days.

July 10, 2020 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

left wing fascists??? What is that? so far left they are right???

SEE SYNONYMS FOR fascism ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
(sometimes initial capital letter) the philosophy, principles, or methods of fascism.
(initial capital letter) a political movement that employs the principles and methods of fascism, especially the one established by Mussolini in Italy 1922–43.

July 10, 2020 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

He was as is his usual habit of projection describing himself.

July 10, 2020 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home