Monday, June 8, 2020

Pig and farm report

I made a frittata this afternoon with eggs from Jack and all the stuff that came in the CSA box mushrooms onions leafy green spinach and zucchini I tossed in some red pepper and garlic cream and mozzarella it made a huge meal I thought it was 2 pm but it was almost 5 I thought it was Tuesday but it was Monday I drove around the island I talked to the red calves a bright yellow budgie landed on one of my hummingbird feeders and drank beautiful and startling he must have been someone’s pet I have been on Nextdoor for my neighborhood since the plague in case someone needed help or I did just to connect even though the tone there is mostly very republican today two different people wrote that four little brown pigs were carousing on the intersection of South Camano Drive and Cross Island Road that filled me with quick joy then worry and makes this the second Pig and farm report with actual pigs

I made this Alice in Wonderland hanging terrarium for my son’s girlfriend he’s going to Seattle Wednesday I have all the feelings about it

this post has erased itself three times


I believe the american president is a war criminal who should be dragged out of his house and tried

I told my son today that I could not hear him talk about the protests I am full up with it I don’t even know where to put my emotions about it right now maybe I can keep making jars full of dirt and bury my worries inside

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Sue said...

I am with you, bury the emotions, yours in soil, mine in wool. My son texted me a twitter link and a video of a police training apoof, too. close to truth to be funny and i do not tweet. I am laying low. Please , Universe of good intention, keep your son safe in Seattle...Lovely little gift for his girl.

June 8, 2020 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you and thank you. Your felt creations are so organic and strong and feminine they remind me of Octavia Butler’s Xenogenesis trilogy where the aliens grew their spaceship organically like trees. Yes that is weirdly specific. This has been such a strange 24 hours. Waving up to you from my little patch of woods..

June 8, 2020 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

We need to trade NextDoor reports. Ours here in the big shitty can be WILD and bizarre and so many militant people of the right. Plus, turtles, used teddy bears for sale and bad jokes. As for the POSPOTUS, we often suggest a fate similar to Mussolini's around these parts.

June 8, 2020 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, you are completely right about the so-called president.
Your Alice garden is a thing of beauty. A treasure jar of living wonder.
I wish I could have seen a picture of your frittata.

June 9, 2020 at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home