Sunday, April 4, 2021

Pig and farm report

OSTARA


 

Two nights ago I went shopping and bought an obscene number of chocolate rabbits and peeps and theater candies like milk duds and bubbles with bubble wand and a small plush pale blue bunny and hazelnut ladybugs and bumblebees and green plastic Easter grass and I built my son my darling good boy a towering Easter basket of baroque proportions because yesterday he had his first Pfizer vaccine and because last year I couldn’t even get to the store for a candy bar much less such delicious Easter basket guts I also bought a huge batter bowl with a handle to contain all this richness because he is the chief pancake maker of the house 

we had scrambled eggs for breakfast and coffee and headed for the beach I wore a summer dress but put pants on underneath because I didn’t get this old without learning at least one thing maybe two my lilacs have tiny purple buds I go out on the deck every morning and talk to them my blueberries have fresh green leaves hummingbirds are back at the feeders deer are all over the place I dream about getting a haircut and a manicure and shopping for expensive perfumes in a department store but mostly I dream about the farmers market which opens in June last year I did not go not one single time because out here in red neck country no one believes in science so masks were scarce so I was only able to can some marionberry jam but I only grew enough strawberries for a few pints of no pectin small batch jam and believe me when I tell you sister I am down to one last jar of my own dam jam ma’am and maybe it isn’t tragic to you but you just don’t understand my secret relationship to peanut butter but now I am vaccinated so hahah there will be jam for miles this summer
 
LOUDON'S   JAM  EMPORIUM

~MILES OF JAM~

and fine chocolates


mostly I feel invigorated and happy and I just took a pan of enchiladas out of the oven and I made curry deviled eggs and a no bake cheesecake and my son my darling good boy got his first vaccination and he and I we are going to be just fine

love to you all from Summer’s End

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Ah, sweet lady. You Queen of the dam jam. You poet protector of all the animals. You with the violinist fingers, the musicians heart. You with the mother soul for your son. Happy Ostara to you. I have thought about you richly today at all the best times.

April 4, 2021 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

Splendid Easter tower for the lad! You do inspire! I sent my boy a cheesecake and coffee. Not very imaginative easter rabbit here, but just the same , a mother's thought ought to be good enough.

April 4, 2021 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Happy Ostara to you Mary. You fill my eyebulbs with joy.

April 4, 2021 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Linda Sue a mother’s thought is always good enough. You are a splendid human.

April 4, 2021 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

It sounds like a very fine celebration in all respects with your darling good boy. Loudon's Jam Emporium, I would buy that dam jam ma'am.

April 5, 2021 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Darling god willing and the creek don’t rise there will be jam going out to one and all! Spring joy from my house to yours.

April 5, 2021 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Spring joy to you! I’m joyful because I got to see and hug my two best friends I haven’t seen in over a year. Doesn’t get much better than that! Yay for your son getting vaccinated!
Much love to you,
Xoxo
Barbara

April 5, 2021 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home