Saturday, March 27, 2021

First Seder

 Against gravity


I cannot consider my heart’s wet muscle its pumping pumping pumping the weight of it the fat of it the pulse of it in my body at rest I cannot consider my heart's music its valentine its stupid fault line my father’s heart stopped its lithe work when he was sixty I cannot consider my heart’s busy valves and harnesses aorta and arteries a horse’s heart in my body its glenoid shape its fourteen pounds its chambers filled with sugar and green grass and ecstasy its horse chambers playing Bach in a barn in sunlight my giant horse heart rolling in hay beating time keeping time perfect and alive but for an apple a hot steamed snort my heavy horse body moving always forward moving toward morning moving toward heaven

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I love your heart and all its chambers.

March 28, 2021 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

your "heavy horse body" -- that's something else -- I just love your writing, the cadence, the rhythm

March 28, 2021 at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home