Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This is day 20 for my son and me

We were in lockdown quicker than the rest of the country because it hit here first

Every morning I wake then check my body for signs of disease none so far it is not far fetched to say I’ve been in training for this my entire life and except for not going to the store nothing drastic has changed for me it’s different for my son as he is a highly social animal

All my friends are accounted for Alice emailed me today to my great relief I’ve even been in contact with people I haven’t seen in years some more toxic than others still this all feels like a giant funeral phone tree

My ex company is shutting down operations on the factory side only for two weeks which is not as dreadful for the company as it sounds as they shut down for two weeks every xmess and know how to work a skeleton crew still I’d be a liar if I didn’t tell you that I’m goddamned worried about my pension and what might happen but I am for the most part living in the now


and  breathing through it
and  breathing through
and breathing

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I honestly think that's the best we can do right now. Sending love from Lloyd to your island.

March 24, 2020 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Yep. That and plant a shit ton of wild flowers which I plan on doing at the first thaw. I got 50,000 seeds that I’m going to sprinkle around my woods. 🌸

March 24, 2020 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

I'm trying my best to live in the now. Some days better than others. Stealing cuttings of plants from around my fancy neighborhood and rat-proofing my chicken coop and making a million cloth napkins from the boys' old sheets.

March 24, 2020 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm thinking about planting a garden -- something I haven't done in years. I might never leave my house again.

March 24, 2020 at 11:36 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I think the universe is trying to teach us all to live in the expansive now. I'm definitely still learning. Hello, there. We will be okay.

March 25, 2020 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ramona Q I got all my cloth napkins out for us to fancy us up a bit. I love how you’re cultivating your garden I would do the same if I could and have done in the past ❤️

March 25, 2020 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth it is something to do and it allows me to be patient something I’m not very good at and in the end of summer a ripe tomato sandwich now I’m drooling❤️

March 25, 2020 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi dear R. I hope you are feeling better. Every other day has been weird for me but still laughing ❤️

March 25, 2020 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home