Monday, March 16, 2020

corona 3.

The goat traveled around the planet a round
Twinkle Twinkle Little Goat
an old French folk tune
how the goat traveled
one person at a time going sick in the lung
like playing kindergarten piano
or blowing out candles on a damp cake
my goat has not fled my body
very still until horns and hooves clatter away
I have water I can force my body for six hours
go from knock-knock-knocking at death
to cheerful and radiant
it's not that we heal
it’s that we are liars and fakes

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have thought about you so many times today. Tenderly.

March 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

And me you too my dear friend. 🐓

March 16, 2020 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Hello Rebecca. Take care of your dear self.

March 16, 2020 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home