Friday, July 3, 2020

Pig and farm report


there are three or four or five little girls who live down the road they are wild with bright blond tangly hair and dark eyes they run around with stick swords whooping and hollering then when I drive by they become statue still stick swords in the air or down though lately they’ve begun to wave at me sometimes they all wear capes sometimes big floppy boots they appear to be feral always in some manner of disarray and bloodiness they could easily kick a stranger to death if they so wanted and I flat out adore and admire them sometimes my son and I call them the children of the corn if one flies out of her yard and disappears upon seeing us remarkable children in an age where so many children can’t entertain themselves without a screen I secretly hope to be teaching them all violin lessons someday they built that structure in their yard this week I don’t know if they are going to imprison each other or if they’re going to capture a wild pig or a black bear or a neighbor child it’s quite amazing and they built it with no help from their parents

with luck they’ll be running this country soon enough

my son is in the Okanogan Valley tending the orchard what’s left of it I went outside in the rain this morning in my nightgown and flip flops to pull weeds which became loose with the 40 days and 40 nights of rain we’ve had I got muddy up to my knees and I could hear my son in my head asking me what the hell

I don’t mind his voice in my head I miss him

soon it will be bean time


Love.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

xoxo i love those girls too and that structure is amazing and i think they are witches

July 3, 2020 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I think you may be right I always feel forest blessed when I catch a glimpse of them

July 3, 2020 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You made me think a moment of the Little Women, Jo in her man's costume. Little Women, The Feral Edition. I imagine that teepee will be many things. I wish I could send them some of my bamboo although it looks as if they are doing fine without it.

July 4, 2020 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

What a indelible picture you have painted of those feral girls, they are powerful beings and their construction skills are impeccable. I hope you can teach them violin, the very idea holds your fire and theirs. Imagine the combustion!

July 4, 2020 at 7:03 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary do you mean the new version of LW? I have a copy of it right here but haven’t watched it yet. Really looking forward to it. Plenty of bamboo here especially in Seattle. I watched it eat a house once. There’s some old man here who on occasion tries to sell pots of it from the back of his trucks to beginners. Bwahahaha. NSTAAFL.

July 4, 2020 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R it was amazing to watch that thing go up. These girls range from maybe four to eleven. They knew what they were doing took their time and worked slowly and efficiently. It was really something to watch. And it’s already gone through plenty of rain and wind. Solid and true.

July 4, 2020 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home