Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sending out tendrils through the stars

Darklings, I have missed you and now I am finding my way back to written language to writing to poetry after my return to reading in such great gulping swallows and healing myself of the hunger that that particular loss opened in me. Here is my hand seeking in a dark room if you wish to take it. I miss you all but have followed your voices now bringing mine back in. Hello. Hello from the island. Hello.





Francis Ponge

Oh Louvre of language, which may become a home, after the end of the race—perhaps for the other guests, some monkeys for example, or some bird, or some superior being, like the crustacean that substitutes itself for the mollusk in the periwinkle shell. And then, in the twilight of the animals, the wind and the tiny grains of sand slowly penetrate it, while on dry land it still shines and erodes, becoming brilliant as it crumbles, oh sterile immaterial dust, oh brilliant residue, although endlessly tumbled and crushed between cutting blades of the air and the sea. At last! No one is there, nothing can reform the sand, not even glass, and it’s all over.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Bonta said...

Great to hear from you! I also live Ponge - in retrospect, one of the four or five poets most influential on my current thinking.

January 10, 2021 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello and thank you Dave. Ponge is an absolute marvel. I can see his influence on your work yes. Such an imagining of the natural world. Fantastic.

January 10, 2021 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It is so good to feel your hand in mine again.

January 11, 2021 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Halloooo Mary can you hear me over the wind rattling my house’s bones?

January 11, 2021 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger 6279 said...

Here, take my hand. Let's journey on together. I am working on a new mixed media piece, structured around an old lamp, that will try to join decay and painful beauty. I will send energy to you from its evolution.

January 11, 2021 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello! Decay and beauty the river we rush down. Thank you for lamplight energy. Here we go.

January 11, 2021 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Ah! Welcome back.

January 11, 2021 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi RamonaQ. It was surprisingly hard to stay quiet but I reallyreally needed a break from the sticky tenuous innerwebs.

January 11, 2021 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've been gone as well, but I'm glad we're back.

January 14, 2021 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Holding onto your hand. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 25, 2021 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home