Friday, October 16, 2020

Pig and farm report

 





That’s a thing that happened I voted with my son and he took a picture of me putting my ballot in the box and when I looked at it I was astounded to see a great froth of pure white hair where my bangs used to be a tsunami of white it seems the only time I’ve looked at myself is when I’m making sure a mask fits in my rear view mirror 

two nights ago I dreamed about Obama he was just here warm and intelligent and comforting like a good father I see this as a sign 

I am going on as usual got an elder flu shot changed the filter in my furnace replaced the propane heater thermostat with a very fancy and very expensive remote control thermostat there is really nothing to report in this report I am in no mood to humble brag about these things or my daily climbs on the trails in the state park or my gourdy garden or my fabulous cooking mostly I am keeping watch I am keeping watch and keeping my head down I am ticking down the clock and growing out my white white bangs hello hello from in here


10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

We are all of us just trembling on the edge of it all, growing out our white hair, making sure our votes count.
I love you, Lady.

October 17, 2020 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I just don’t know Mary. It seems like half of us are going about life as usual and the other half of us are hunkering down for the second wave of Covid-19. I myself in in the hunkering down camp watching the numbers start to rise again and trusting science.

October 17, 2020 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

You voted! Every blue vote gives me hope, and I too am hunkered down, sort of, though being a little risky with my girl and my boy but otherwise watching the days tick by, counting down, trusting science and the color blue. I love how you describe your froth of white hair, your tsunami, I love how you use language, I love you.

October 17, 2020 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear Rosemarie voting this time felt more important than it ever has ever in my entire life. Along with my grown out fringe is the weird wave (cowlick?) that has always grown at an angle across my head. And other strange covid discoveries. And the great blue wave rolling over us all. Be safe.

October 17, 2020 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm "carrying on" just barely in my house, teaching my students, taking care of Sophie, warding off my ex's terrible machinations. I've voted already, too, dropped my thing in a drop box outside an empty library and walked home past the boarded up stores and homeless encampments. Things are not normal, but they never have been. Love never dies. It just goes underground.

October 18, 2020 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth you fire god. Here is a song just for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB8vwr175I

October 18, 2020 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Early voting starts tomorrow in Florida. My white hair no longer surprises me, but it hasn’t been this long in ages. I’ve been doing my bangs but not too sure about cutting the rest of my hair myself, I’m in the hunkering down camp too. Hopefully no flour or yeast shortages this time. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

October 18, 2020 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara, I have cut my hair twice already and there is still too much of it. I almost cut my bangs today. I must have pushed them out of my face 14 hundred times. I think the beginning bakers and cooks are tired of their new discovery already since flour is back and those pre packaged delivery meals are showing adverts every time I look around. No staying power those kids.

October 18, 2020 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Adie said...


I copied this from the centre for mindful self compassion. Free zoom meditating . I will be with all of you on Sept 2nd.

MSC Circles of Practice Public Offering: ​
​United In Self-Compassion​
Day-Long Drop In
Self-Compassion Meditation For Difficult Times
Tuesday November 3, 2020
5am to 8pm Pacific Standard Time

October 20, 2020 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Adie unity sounds like a good start

October 20, 2020 at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home