Sunday, November 8, 2020

Pig and farm report

 


I woke up at 5 AM and was very still in my bed listening to a huge wind storm which has already lost me power twice this morning and rattled my house's bones thinking nothing hurts nothing hurts for what seemed like a long stretch of time then I heard Hal or Jupiter acking up a hairball. Ahh nature's beauty. Did Emily Dickinson have cats? I don't think so maybe her famous hounds but I very much doubt they slept in her bed. They were wealthy Amherst hounds that lounged under the table gulping down entire platters full of duck a l'orange and slurping port and farting. But cats are not accustomed to all that twee. I doubt Emily ever woke to a windstorm got up to wobble to the loo and stepped in a giant slimy hairball cursing under her breath in her hyphenated way There's a certain Slant of light, Winter mornings -- that OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT!?!?! You damned cat come back here now we need to have words where was I? Oh yes That oppresses, like the Heft Of Cathedral WHAT? ANOTHER ONE? JESUS STOP EATING MY HAIR RIBBONS YOU LITTLE SHIT. 

I am flat flat flat as a 12th century map. There be dragons. I feel loopy and slightly hungover though I did not partake yesterday or last night though I danced alone in my flickering outer outer room. Here comes the wind again in swells and waves it is just incredible I do love rude weather and I always have. I need to be quiet for a while and listen.


11 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Some of us have internal balance weights which feel they must correct joy versus not-joy as soon as they sense a bit of unrestrained glory.
Damn them.

November 8, 2020 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I think I am a,ways adjusting those weights and pulleys and wires and sand.

November 8, 2020 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

I read a letter Emily Dickinson's sister - who was a great lover of cats and kept them devotedly - write that Emily loved cats so much, once, when she found a litter of kittens, she pickled them, her sister said, so their mother could find them exactly as she left them. So, there's that.

November 8, 2020 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

Of course, that could be an apocryphal letter. I should do my research and make sure I didn't make that up. I read so much Emily Dickinson this year - bios, letters, poems - I can't be sure what I read and what I made up.

November 8, 2020 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

It may or may not be true but you know I’m going to run with this now how can I not? Fantastic.

November 8, 2020 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I laughed and laughed having stepped in my fair share of hair balls. We’ve had wind and so much rain from tropical storm Eta. Hopefully drying out soon. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

November 9, 2020 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Nothing hurts! The wind and rain sound soothing. Rude weather. I know just what you mean.

November 12, 2020 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara darling I hope this finds you safe and well and happy and drying out. Love to you and your lion cat Animal God.

November 12, 2020 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

My dearest Rosemarie imagine the gale of news we’ve suffered. I am getting ready to address actual Christmas cards this year. Finally finally ready to begin.

November 12, 2020 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

We need some weather down here in the sunny south. My god. Is it ever going to rain again? Have I ever told you how much I love your pig and farm reports?

November 18, 2020 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger invisigal said...

Dear one, I miss you, where have you gone? Please send a smoke signal, something to alleviate the anxiety.

November 30, 2020 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home