Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Holy Tuesday

 

I recite an affirmation in the bathroom mirror give up give up give up it’s harder than it looks I want to open myself untie the knot in my chest pull out the hare-bad chemicals slide them into a casing add a formula for candor for kindness there is a switch in my heel its bright click you’d think it was Easter at Walmart derelict Jesus rising from the garden and patio department you’d think it was rapture the biggest lies are easy beauty and the intimacy of beauty 2 ball gowns 1 bare silk the other dragonfly and tulle scritches my [raw] [animal] mouse heart sectioning a silver stain there was nothing I could do about the house hands tied so and so to my sides and behind the mustache hid a scar on my lip hid the sneer stretched from the roof of my mouth for I was a man in those times and in those times I became bristled and clean and I knew where I stood I knew to grab the saddle horn the mane I wanted to change the rules just a little awake with a flea bite between my breasts nocturnal insects near a compulsion to be happy

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am going to be thinking of the nocturnal insects with a compulsion to be happy all day. Is that why I sleep with my fist between my own breasts?

March 31, 2021 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I don’t know Mary. I run so much in my sleep that I’m always surprised to wake up in the same place.

April 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home