Thursday, April 14, 2022

April 14.

Maundy Thursday

A bouquet of nerium oleander
for the lovely young doctor
who prods the skins of me
writes on my arm with an orange
stick watches the welts rise up
a trick or witchery let me place
these in water sir bury your face
in their star petaled pinkery 
as I wait in welts & itch plaques
begging for ointment & drugs
my boiled scalp my secret drudge
your office lights landing strips
your giant chair from which my legs
dangle like a toddler’s go ahead
physician peer into my ears check
the folds & whorls don’t miss a spot
behind those knees under my tit
on my thigh there too haha even
my most secret bend over thank you 
thank you for seeing me thank you
yes I’ll be back in three months yes
I’ll stop at the lab on my way out
those blossoms are delicious baked
onto your favorite dessert enjoy!


2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh my lord, how I need to go and do that too. You are as brave as any astronaut going off into outer space for exploration when you let that doctor explore your own outer spaces, your inner ones too. We are so much alike in this way. I don't even need to tell you.

April 14, 2022 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dermatologists are almost as invasive as dentists. Almost.

April 14, 2022 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home