Saturday, January 6, 2018

Epiphany.


I walked for miles along the beach yesterday and discovered these tracks that started up in the forest went through an entire still standing house then out of the house and into the water clearly there was never a train there I think perhaps it was used as a logging road a skid for the cedar forest that was so heavily depleted before the community stepped in and preserved all of this my son came home this morning and I made him walk for miles along the beach to take this photo to photograph this portal

all of this

afterwards I came home and worked on my dumb blanket (seriously I really have to learn more than two crochet stitches I'm 9/10ths of the way finished and I'm bored with it) then I swept my kitchen floor then moved all the chairs into the outer outer room then pulled the table to the center of the floor and scrubbed said floor with vinegar and water by hand one towel washing one towel drying but that's not what's on my mind today I am thinking about trees and birds about trees vs. forest how first there was forest and then there were trees then there were specific trees and the forest became larger and deeper and smaller and more intimate as I learned each tree then discovered the faces in trees the trees that look like dragons or dogs trees that have vaginas and teeth this is all so prosaic so I will skip the bird conversation for today

dumb blanket plus Jupiter whose birthday is tomorrow

my endoscopy and colonoscopy are now scheduled for February first both will be done at the same time and I will be completely anesthetized thank bog because my last three colonoscopies were extremely painful because I have a tortuous colon apparently my colon has corners and windowsills and knobs and candy canes and cornices instead of polite slopey slewy curves and loopages

I got a manicure yesterday and wrecked it today as I attacked my kitchen floor so it goes I don't know how to address the birds but an owl flew past my bedroom window this morning and yesterday I saw three bald eagles and two great blue heron as I walked the beach  see giant hawks everywhere I look the snow geese have returned to the island to show themselves to the tourists birds great and small and great lovely lovely

floored

I am scared to death to find out what's wrong inside of me scared shitless (literally) goodnight for now Darklings

Pax


5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I will not lie- I would be scared too. I can only offer you the fact that if any of the things I have feared with medical tests had been true, I would be dead and obviously, I am not.
You loved your floor by hand. You loved your birds by sight. You loved your portal by intuition. You have loved your blanket into existence by persistence.

January 6, 2018 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary how I adore thee. ❤️

January 6, 2018 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

try not to think of feb 1 until feb 1 and muse instead on your trees and birds and shore. and everything mary said, plus all will be well. love.

January 7, 2018 at 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes. I would be scared too. I'm glad they are doing both at the same time. Mary's comment is beautiful and perfect. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 7, 2018 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

I have had 4 colonoscopies (stupid polyps) and have hated each one. I will say this, I think the "drinks" they give you to prep with have gotten better with each procedure. And yes, it is hard to wait for the results but at least you are taking action, and if there is something to deal with, you are one step closer to making it better.

You are unbelievably strong, that anyone can tell by your beautiful writing of hard times.

And (not to be too shallow) but those floors are stunning....

January 9, 2018 at 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home