Monday, April 16, 2018

NEWS!

My beloved book Radish King is being re-eased into the wild next year. Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize in 2006.

Radish King marks the first book of poems I've read that has made me want to call in for penicillin. These poems are marked off as "Poems That Burn" -- simultaneously a description and a warning label -- which seems just about right. Some of them probably burned coming out; certainly it's the case that they burn a little while you're reading them; many of the images and lines linger troublingly afterwards. Rebecca Loudon's second collection of poems frequently finds itself "On the Delirious Track," fascinated by "that lovely erotic flaw / (the importance of the lopsided)." And if her poems are disorienting and confusing, which they can be, their humor, rhythm, surprise, and obsessive repetitions can be mesmerizing.
~ Bookslut

Here is the original cover galley from a postcard I purchased from the indomitable Ken Brown




***runs around the house screaming with glee***

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Fireworks and hearts and kisses and great and true congratulations!!!!!
Hurray!!!!

April 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

How fantastic! Congrats congrats congrats!

April 16, 2018 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I treasure my copy. Wonderful that more people will get one. Congratulations!

April 16, 2018 at 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Like Elizabeth, I treasure my copy.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 17, 2018 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Hell yes!

April 17, 2018 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Wonderful news, congratulations. I, too, treasure my copy (and the cover art). There are so many reasons to believe in impossible things. xo

April 17, 2018 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home