Saturday, April 14, 2018

Pig and farm report

I am tired of the rain still I walked outside in my red rubber boots to check on the lilacs (still lilacing their way open) and the potatoes (still growing like potatoes exactly as they're supposed to grow) and the state of the forest (a mess I need to get out with my chainsaw and make sure no trees are leaning on other trees misbehaving) but I am tired of the rain I woke up and my first thought was I need a nap not even the deer or bunnies have arove

I want to bake but I don't want to bake

I can't believe we're at war with Syria I can't believe last week he announced we're pulling our troops out of Syria and then last night or yesterday morning in Syria he bombed and missed or ignored the chance to take out Bashar al-Assad then bragged on Twitter "Mission Accomplished" and we all remember how well that worked for George Bush and without going through congress I have never spent so much time watching CNN what what what the fuck what the fuck I believe he did this to take the news off his own complete mess of a life his way of obstructing his way of attempting to throw fairy dust on us so we'll forget his criminal behavior this is unfuckingbeliveable and I remember Nixon's Whitehouse

fuck this president

















sorry you know I don't make political comments here but what the fuck seriously

I'm going to the beach

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It's not even political anymore. It's just the reality of a situation and you're right- he's doing it to distract us. "Don't pay any attention to that man behind the curtain!" Also, when I saw that Mission Accomplished I thought the same thing. Because it worked so well for Bush.
Anyway, I am glad the lilacs are lilacing, the potatoes are potatoing. I hope it stops raining soon, my love.

April 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

He acts as if we can focus on more than one of his atrocities at a time. I love you on Twitter. I scream and roar there but you bring art and civilization and I go there to your corner sometimes and breathe. I don't just love you on Twitter of course I love you everywhere. Whoever you're being whenever you are being it. You and some others here remind me the world is good too. It's not just one thing.

April 14, 2018 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

That should be "He acts as if we CAN'T focus..." I should proofread.

April 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

Arove. I love that.

I'm holding my breath that the jackhole doesn't fire Mueller under the cover of some distraction like this.

Holding. My. Breath.

I have woken and instantly felt the need for a nap. But, not today.

Lilacs remind me of my beloved piano teacher. My second piano teacher. She had huge lilac bushes bordering her yard. Mrs. Hollinger. She was good people. She gave me a cutting to take home. My mother planted it in the back yard. It only bloomed once.

Roses remind me of my first piano teacher. A frail, white-haired old lady named Mrs.Kimball who was a hardass under all the fragility. She had a yard full of roses.

Thanks for conjuring by flower two women who believed in my ability, my late start to piano, and my ear. I had a love/hate relationship with that instrument for years. I used to kick it when no one was in the house.

Happy Saturday despite everything, beargirl. You being here makes the surreal world slightly more real. You being here makes it, somehow, bearable.

April 14, 2018 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

What the fuck seriously. Every day. Every day. And now for something completely different, hoping this is a good way to reach you, rather than FB. A friend posted this. I love John Prine, since probably 1971 and his first album and, as the song is called "Summer's End," I thought of you. Hope this is a good link. xoxo http://theboot.com/john-prine-brandi-carlile-sturgill-simpson-summers-end-colbert/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

April 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Nope, not a real link. I'll try FB message.

Lilacs do not grow here either and I love them, too and I have been thinking about your potatoes and sharing your bounty with the food banks. Home-grown food, full of love. Much good will come of it. Love to you and all the beauty you can possibly bear. xoxo

April 15, 2018 at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home