Wednesday, April 11, 2018

11/30


You want me to bring home what I got at the office today? I’ll put you through that window.
            ~ Don Draper
           
seventeen I crawled through the duplex window into Wayne’s bed the rotten middle his fists all night I screamed ran down the street screaming neighbors called the po the po the police who knew Wayne I crawled into him what I expected love he called me love his fists all night I screamed ran down the street bruised black eyes broke broken so broken rib I thought this normal my normal three no four no three no four years the rotten middle his fists I a girl running screaming down the street every other night police sirens again again again no job no car a girl screaming running down the street waiting for the po the po the police who knew Wayne my normal the rotten middle his fists I a girl running down the street screaming Wayne the po the po the police knew his name knew my name the girl running down the street screaming all night screaming & screaming & screaming

2 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

I am grateful you survived.

April 11, 2018 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dear R. He came after me with a rifle then I called a girl I had met and her mom came and packed all my belongings--one suitcase a violin books and some records into her station wagon she took me home and let me live there for a month. Savior. I was so lucky. Love, R

April 11, 2018 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home