Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spokane

Dear Darklings,

I am posting at Twitter as @ my first initial and my last name I did unlock my account so now anybody can fly in at any moment I'll see how it goes for a while now that I am off FaceCrook I still feel a need to create an online presence especially since Henry is now at a publisher awaiting first judgement.

Love, Girl on the far left, clearly looking for cake. This may have been my 5th birthday or my brother's sixth birthday but probably my fifth birthday on account of the way I'm eyeballing the gifts also I rarely got to wear my girlygirl dresses to parties so yes it most likely it was my fifth birthday.


4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I cannot do Twitter. I just can't afford another addiction.
But oh- look at that pretty little princess. How beautiful you were, Rebecca! And of course, how beautiful you are, Rebecca. Doesn't it break your heart to see pictures like this and think about what was really going on when they were taken as opposed to the fantasy fairy tale of what they look like?

April 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

It broke my heart to finally see these photos and discover that I was not the monster my family or origin worked so hard to convince me I was. Ugly fat jumpy skitterish twitchy (my brother told me they all thought I had St. Vitus Dance now known as Sydenham's chorea) but I was always ducking the next punch to the stomach the ridicule the insult flung at me even at that young age. I am relieved to see that I was not ugly just terrified. All the time. And yes it is heart breaking to know the truth of it underneath the girlygirl dress. It is raw in my brother's face though open terror as I read it and as I remember it. We were born into death in a gaping chest wound of a family.

April 8, 2018 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

The photo. Your face. Your sweet hopeful something sad in it face. The frilly dress. And your exchange here with Mary. I can hardly bear it for you. How I wish I could hold that little girl safe.

April 8, 2018 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

And you do every day every single day you hold her safe.
Love
Rebecca

April 8, 2018 at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home