Saturday, April 7, 2018

Pig and farm report


in deep storm here this morning the wind already at 55 mph owls woke me first whooo whoooooing across the forest canopy to one another then the wind a county fair childrens' train roaring through Summer's End I lay in bed with Jupiter purring against my side then I turned on the fire then I turned on the coffee I don't know how long I'll have power much less an internet signal so far today nothing has happened though my son is here I know because the cat food I ordered from Chewy.com arrived and I tripped over over the huge heavy box when I put my damp towel in the washing machine I'd like to take a moment to plug Chewy.com if you live in the wilderness and it takes an hour to drive to PetCo or Pets Mart to get food for your Animal Gods it is so much easier to find what you want at Chewy and they deliver it in 24 hours and shipping is almost always free and there it is right at your foresty door also their customer service is top notch

now I'm going to fill all my pitchers with water get out my candles and my little reading lamp and matches and etc and toss my idea of making the cardamom rolls that I read about in the NY Times cookery department keep the fire going as long as I have power wonderful wonderful wonderful I feel helium-filled and transparent like kelp but less stinky

Good Morning Darklings and Good Saturnday
Love

4 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

a very good and cozy report. it sounds as if you have all you need for the storm.

April 7, 2018 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I am ready and the boy is taking us out to breakfast joy and potatoes and love.
Rebecca

April 7, 2018 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It sounds cozy. I've been feeling incredibly down of late and haven't visited any blogs in ages. I'm trying to pull myself up. Reading you helps.

April 7, 2018 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It is raining here but no storming, just good steady rain, soaking this Florida dirt.
I hope you keep your power but I know how that goes and it's always a little shocking when it goes and a little shocking when it comes back.
Glad that boy of yours is home.

April 7, 2018 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home