Friday, April 6, 2018

6/30


This is the 1950 model. It’s quite different under the hood.
            ~ Don Draper

Spring’s boundless sad creeps on me morning dark as the insides of the Lewis and Clark Caverns in Montana father and I slid down the claustrophobic passage emptied our bodies into the hole where stalagmites and stalactites dripped and rose slow moving alien goop the Forest Ranger said now you will be in total darkness for the first time in your lives and banked his torch I stood in amniotic fear father nudged me pulled his shirt cuff showed me his brand spanknew Timex watch with glow in the dark radium filled dials now I zip back and forth in time rapid cycling last night I planted potatoes in mud and ornaments from my son's infancy before the tide in my clitoris pulsed with the moon how odd this pain in my leg cramp in my thighs hot calves from walking the perimeter of my forest and now desire for raw just like that it doesn't get easier it doesn't change that radium watch putting its dials inside me a miracle baby glowing inside me as dark drowns and my body says here says this is how to fix it says stay with me a while
Rebecca
Rebecca
darling

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Total darkness.
Well. There is definitely more than one shade of that particular phrase.

April 6, 2018 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary so many shades oh yes I just wrote a poem so brutal I am afraid to share it. Digging in digging very deep. Another shade much darker than even falling off the toilet and banging your head on the tile floor dark. I love you.

April 6, 2018 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I don't know why I wrote the word share in the comment on top of this one. It's a term I've come to detest especially in the Blessings and Poeming and Sharing communities et al. I really meant I am afraid as fuck to read it again myself. What that says. This is a warning to those of you who know me. Digging in the dirt.
xo

April 6, 2018 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Okay.
Well. Digging in the dirt takes fortitude and kneeling. That much I know. And also that you never quite know what you will find.

April 6, 2018 at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home