Monday, April 2, 2018

Pig and farm report

today I saw a red-winged blackbird sitting on top of a blown out cattail
three gigantic molting grumpy hawks
a field spotted with grazing Holsteins
a heron standing in the reeds with several duckling bottoms
17 horses including a brand new chestnut foal

I am cooking black beans in my slow cooker with a split orange half an onion a roasted poblano pepper and a bouquet garni from herbs grown on my deck
I ate angel food cake with my hands then threw the rest away because it was going to be a slaughterhouse if I kept it around this is true with almost every cake in the entire world and my facemouth

my son came over and put my old records on his shelf finally after they'd been in his little red wagon in the outer outer room so many classics including original Beatles Help two copies of Sargent Pepper and a library stolen never returned White Album god David Bowie tons of Led Zep all of The Rolling Stones all of The Kinks all of Blue Oyster Cult holy hell Jefferson Airplane Al Kooper The Byrd's Sweetheart of the Rodeo and of course Bach Beethoven Mozart all of it all of them such an incredible collection

it made me feel ancient and sentimental and a little bit sad because splitting the records was the actual hardest part about getting divorced I got most of them though he wrote his name on a lot of them that had been with me my entire life I had so little but I carried those goddamned records with me wherever I went

I tried to steal some of them back from my son but he wasn't having any of it then again he goes away again tonight


*cackle*

The Byrds were the first rock concert I ever saw at Gonzaga University in Spokane in 1965 I was snuck into the boys' dorm window I was 12 years old

a wild girl, still






7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have most of those albums! The kinks are close to my heart. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 3, 2018 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara, my ex (Jim) and I saw them six times at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. In one of the shows Ray Davies walked down the center aisle of the theater with a full beer stein balanced on his head singing Twentieth Century Man oh god such great songs still.

Love love love.

April 3, 2018 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

The Kinks were so underappreciated. I loved/love them. I saw them once. But it was so good.
I have most of the records too and I am glad of it.
But I never ever was snuck into a boy's dorm window at any age. You are the boss of me as usual.

April 3, 2018 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ps. I mean trying to make CAF a thing. *heart*
psps. I never hear The Kinks on the radio not even the classic rock station which is my station of choice when I'm not listening to KING classical radio or NPR. xo

April 3, 2018 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

CAF! Unite!

April 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

P.S. Come dancing!

April 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I’m on board with CAF!

April 4, 2018 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home