Friday, April 20, 2018

Pig and farm report

Dear Darklings,
Yesterday I could not write oh god the fucking tegretol made it impossible made it impossible to do anything though I did walk through the forest again but I could not write could barely peel a banana and now my stomach aches and aches it is dreadful but it will pass hopefully soon today I am planning on going to the street fair in Mount Vernon which is 17 miles from me a beautiful drive through farms and rivers and cornfields yesterday I woke and thought a seagull had crapped on my grill cover so I walked out on the deck and realized the grill cover and the deck itself was entirely coated in pollen and I am so allergic to early spring pollen and have been taking benadryl for a couple maybe three weeks now and it dries me up but for some who the eff knows why reason gives me terrible dreams last night I stopped the benadryl and the dreams and now I am sneezing and snotting all over the place this morning I walked my back forest and said hello to Marylinn Magnolia which is getting taller but has yet to grow leaves and Figgy Pudding which is taller than I now with a beautiful green leaf unfurling at its tip top I avoided walking on the deck which is still covered in pollen but it's supposed to rain this afternoon good this is the most boring post ever but I need to type at least to keep in practice I had a lot of early-religious-training-guilt about not writing a poem yesterday but tegretol brain will not allow it today I'm going to rehash a blog post carve it into a poem which feels like cheating but is not if I can even type which is difficult as the letters zip around the page and my spelling has flown the coop the street fair begins at ten so I'm about to head out I will leave you with this sign which always makes me happy

Human Powered
























and this sad photo of me in my gorgeous pink-spring coat and my sad Sear's men's pajamas which are literally falling off my hips
























Love from the underworld of smashbrain

4 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

It's not cheating to carve a post into a poem. some of your posts already ARE poems, and sometimes we get the art down in the rough first and then polish the stone into a shiny jewel, well, you get what I mean. It's not cheating at all. i love you.

April 20, 2018 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

What Rosemarie said.
Also, it is simply good to hear your voice. May the rain wash the pollen away and may you not need the Benadryl for at least another year. Also, while I am making wishes for you- I am wishing that your stomach is better and fine within two or three minutes.

April 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

What Mary said.

April 20, 2018 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you both and huge big ❤️ ❤️❤️ 💕 💗 Love.

April 20, 2018 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home