Thursday, June 21, 2018

Solstice

good morning from the blacktail forest Darklings it is Solstice and the world is in crisis I have such a strong feeling that something is going to break soon break wide open that change is roiling down the pike at a rapid speed good change positive change I have been working on my hybrid manuscript hard down lately I have divided Queer Wing-ed into three parts the first part is my research and notes about how I entered this how I managed about losing my job and working through that the second second section is letters I wrote to Henry Darger for the past nine years I never posted them here they were a way for me to attempt seeing all sides a 360 view and the last section are the poems I have been in the garden I have been outside I have been reading I have been relaxing on the deck just thinking about my work I have to take a psychic time out today reading perhaps embroidering quiet inside and out it is cloudy for the first time in weeks it seems the kittens are already growing so fast but kittens still Jupiter is the best mother cat I've ever seen may your soul and your heart find peace today here is a picture of my beloved son I think you'll be able to spot him

love


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I think he's showing off for that darling child beside him and I think she's impressed.
I would have been.
Summer, summer, summer and it's so hot here and the cicadas are swelling with hum and sweat is trickling down my back because I just went outside with Owen and Gibson to see how the okra is coming along. I am going to sew today and I love thinking about you, embroidering and being quiet.
We are all waiting, aren't we? We are all swelling with hum.

June 21, 2018 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I cannot wait to hold Queer Wing'ed in my hands and drink it in with my heart. It sounds very much like a life work, as all works that consume us are. I am glad you have a good feeling. If there's space on that rope I will grab hold of it, and believe it too.

June 21, 2018 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

And your son, your darling boy, in an attitude of joy and possibility. oh yes.

June 21, 2018 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love what Mary said! I had a cat once like Jupiter, that loved and mothered all the other kitties I brought home. It always melted my heart. I miss her so. Hope you are having a lush and voluptuous summer.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 21, 2018 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I feel like the biggest dork as I responded to your PERSONAL COMMENTS in your post above. Ah well. I am emerging from an extended run with the circus. It was truly three-ringed and culminated in the death of our beloved dog. I, too, look forward to holding another copy of your poetry in my hands and placing it on the bookshelf above my desk for inspiration. Love to you and your animals and your beautiful place.

June 21, 2018 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Happy Summer my love. Kiss all kitties for me!!

June 22, 2018 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home