Saturday, July 28, 2018

Hello from The Big Fog

Dear Darklings,

I am writing to you from the Oregon coast deep at the ocean’s heart on the edge of wild in a month of Julys drinking hotel coffee in a fluffy robe listening to the ebb bubble and flow of waves I have not been away only sunk into my work into my book for the entire month dancing with completion full of joy there is so much I want to tell you and I will soon I promise but two things now before I rassel me  up some breakfast

Happy Birthday to Mary Moon who is a beacon in my pinched little persimmon of a heart we spoke on the telephone this morning and it was so easy I felt I had known her my whole life and I have I am sorry my connection kept cutting out Mary it is iffy here always but you are not

I met Scott and Yolie they came to Summer’s End oh oh oh Scott’s eyes shoot out beams of light he is amazing sees everything and I could not keep a secret from him not ever and Yolie made me feel shy and loved and beautiful these people their energy is remarkable they were my second visitors ever I played my violin for them but completely flubbed it because I took an Ativan before they arrived because I am not accustomed to human interaction and for that I am a little bit embarrassed but I did not feel judged by them not for one hot second and I am forever changed by our meeting

Love for now tomorrow is my birthday and I aim to play in the sand and eat ice cream

XOR


16 Comments:

Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Dearest Rebecca, So glad to see you here with a day to spare until your birthday. Hurrah! for such visitors and a phone call with Mary Moon for her day of days. Mailings from here are late. However, intentions, if they count, are true. Wishing you a most blessed birthday eve. Love from Marylinn

July 28, 2018 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am having the best birthday I can remember in forever and ever, maybe ever in fact and talking to you this morning made it splendid. I believe we have known each other our whole lives, we just weren't aware of it until a few years ago. That's how it feels, at least.
You enjoy your ocean and I will enjoy my river and tonight I'll dine on the Atlantic ocean and somehow, the currents flow direct and true from me to you.
Absolutely.
Eat ALL the ice cream!
You are precious.

July 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Marylinn, hello my friend! Thank you for the birthday wishes I gobbled them right up. Intentions count for everything. Love
Rebecca

July 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary, it was amazing to talk to you. My family here in the flat blue world is my family believe it. When I get home I can’t wait to show you my thrift shop find. It’s all wrapped up in newspaper and bubble pack and is about as big as a minute. Love
Rebecca

July 28, 2018 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Happy Birthday to you, Rebecca! Enjoy your trip! I too am vacationing in Oregon, seeing my dear daughter, her husband and my sweet grand dog. Watching the waves, feeling the fog, drinking wine into the late night and loving the cool weather. Tomorrow it’s back to the gawdawful heat. Janet

July 28, 2018 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Janet! “””waving from my hotel balcony toward your voice””” 53 degrees and heaven in Newport.
xxoo

July 29, 2018 at 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Alice S. said...

<3 <3 Happiest of birthdays to you dearest Rebecca

July 29, 2018 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ALICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well sweetheart you just made me cry. I miss you.
Love
Rebecca

July 29, 2018 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday, dearest Rebecca. You are so loved from this corner of the globe, for so many years. May the new birthday year bring you happiness, continued rocking creativity, health, peace and good food.

July 29, 2018 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Elizabeth you magiker. You stitch up the edges of my crooked universe with power and tenderness. So glad for your constant your rare intense humanness.
Love
Rebecca

July 29, 2018 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Happy birthday, dear woman. I know what you mean about Scott and Yolie, they are wonderful and when I met them I felt as if I always knew them, which is how I felt when I met you. I will never forget the enveloping feel of your hug, and the sense it gave me of being home. I agree with Mary, we have always known each other but had to build magic portals to one another here.

July 30, 2018 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger plantingalongtheverge.com said...

Dearest Rebecca! I did not miss your Birthday! I just couldn't get to a device long enough to write my wish for you which is all the best of everything and beyond. Meeting you was the tops. It's why I came here. That gift you gave me has been...deep. I sit with it everyday. It's brewing, marinating, stewing and steeping it's magic in me. I cannot Thank you enough. You are a treasure. Love you, Yolie
p.s. I would have taken an ativan if I'd had one! I was pretty excited to meet you.

July 30, 2018 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Happy birthday dear Radish Rebecca. I am so happy you are on your Oregon coast and that you've been writing and have news. I have missed you even if I havent said so. xoxo

July 30, 2018 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger plantingalongtheverge.com said...

PPSS That jam was amazing. To the last drop.

August 1, 2018 at 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dear Rebecca!
Xoxo
Barbara

August 2, 2018 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger susan t. landry said...

i know july has passed, but still: happy birthday, rebecca. the very very best news is that you've been writing.

August 4, 2018 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home