Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Pig and farm report


this is going to be quick because I have just swung out of a month long depression that ate up most of June but there is my July table laden with apples cherries figs (!!!) strawberries road eggs peaches and my aloe vera the tea towels are on the chairs to protect their varnish from kitten-to-cat claw and scratch marks Hal and Wolfie are now too big to hold with one hand they are almost at three months in fact they may be a couple days over three months Hal is a talker like Jupiter he has a delicious purr-mert-meow that is amazing Wolfie is smarter faster and still somewhat shy of course she is smarter as she is the female that's just how it is the garden is growing luscious because of one solid week of rain the book work continues apace I had to drive to downtown Seattle to see DOGNURSE last week and to my everlasting horror she asked me how much weight I had lost what my exact weight was and tried to get me to step on her scale which appeared out of nowhere in her office this appalling bit of nonsense harkens back to my terrible mother whose obsession with my body continued until my last conversation with her DOGNURSE has also in the past called me hey skinny and even that worried me she is NOT my general physician has never been and my eating disorder(s) have been evident out there for the world to see etc since the beginning why now that I am healthy is she prying so much it is awful and invasive and it tipped me upside down and punched the breath out of me I gave her a fake number for my weight and she wrote it in her notebook WHAT THE FUCK just seriously I am still overweight it's not like I have anorexia I told her firmly that I don't weigh myself that my physician does it I am seriously still staggered by this and I need to find a new psychiatrist immediately and cut her loose with no explanation I have been cautious about this since I met Mustafa who told me I would outgrow my bipolar disease and refused to give me my meds still I can't take any more of her bullshit

in other news yesterday was the first lifting of this heavy depression and I sat outside in the sun or inside with the kittens or outside in the sun reading Lauren Groff's Florida straight through the way I tend to read in summer especially in July a great book of short stories a Florida I recognize from Mary Moon's writing recommended! and in between my reading I baked two baguettes drove to the beach and watered the garden

hello Darklings!
I have missed you all

here is a mess of kittens a pile of cats a soft intelligent heap of warm goodness


6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Beckett said...

Hey!
Happy birthday month, bella.

July 3, 2018 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

There you are! I missed you so. I am sorry to hear the month of June was dark but thrilled to imagine you sitting out in the sun reading and thinking of mary moon as your birthday approaches. The babies are growing so fast! lovelovelove

July 3, 2018 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am so glad that things are lifting in the spirits department. I know that the Birthday Month is a sacred time for you and as such, there need to be some Camelot rules in place. Or something. I'm babbling. Maggie just left after almost 24 hours here. I will be spending the rest of July picking up toys. But I'm with you on the girls vs boys thing and not just for cats. I have observed that Maggie seems to be a lot more sensible than her brothers were at her age. I mean, for a two-year old.
Fire that fucking dog nurse. Fire her ass if for nothing else than having a fucking scale in her office. She is on my shit list forever.
I have to read that book.
I love you to pieces.
Hippie Mama Mer

July 3, 2018 at 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely to see an abundance of kitties and fruits! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

July 3, 2018 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Happy birthday month, beargirl! I hope your next year is full of fluffy piles of cats. (I love that photograph. It makes me smile.)

July 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

so having just read a short story on line by Lauren Goff I proceeded to the library website to order Florida...not available...then opened your blog and there you are speaking of reading 'Florida'....magic continues.......

July 8, 2018 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home