Friday, December 27, 2019

sometimes I feel like drowning

Migrants at the border wall babies grandmothers gather America the final girl smashes the other crooked fell her obsessive draw America the final girl is Philip who wears a built up shoe his legs different lengths America the final girl is a prostitute on Aurora in pink thigh high pleather boots frantic holds out her cell phone afraid to get shot America the final girl is a six year old boy straddling the wall in white wrinkled cotton he left his bicycle his dog his father he chalks Jesu Christo on the pillar connecting radiating metal bars America the final girl is a red nosed pit bull tearing up lawns and sprinklers hungry and wet eyed dance cages clang with Coca~Cola cans America the final girl is children singing in frightened classrooms America the final girl is spinny and frantic America the final girl moves her feet brushes her hair tangles fortune with prayer cards grows terrible and wild and vain America the final girl crashes into bald a rat tail coiled under one wig or another swims inside her body swims inside her illness swims inside all of it



isanyonereadingthis isanyonereadingthisis isanyonereadingthisis isanyonereadingthis
isanyone



right after or right before Christmas day my son’s cousin got arrested and thrown in jail for two days for pulling a knife on her abusive boyfriend he had been abusing her for years her 12 year old son is out of the house now living with his grandmother the cycle of abuse and shitty Christmases continues and my son’s cousin has to pay a hefty fine and go to anger management classes

for protecting herself and her son

welcome to America where the patriarchy is stronger than ever

the battery on my car is dead again the hilarious part is that my jumper cables are in my trunk which only opens when the car’s battery is live because everything is electronic these days faulty design if you ask me which you didn’t I called my son for a jump and he’s not happy about having to leave the city and drive two hours to get me rolling again too bad





yes a rare mood but who cares no one is reading here




4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I’m reading. Yes this patriarchy sucks. A woman in Florida who was splitting with her husband was threatened. She went into their former home, took the weapon to the police so she could be safe, They arrested her for theft.
A friend was being beaten and choked by her abusive husband, I witnessed him try to run her over with his van. They would not issue a protective order until she provided X-rays of her hand that he broke!!! I’m so sorry about your sons cousin, may she and her son be safe and know peace someday.
Xoxo
Batbara

December 28, 2019 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara thank you my dear friend. We seem to be hurtling backward not only politically but socially. All the change we saw in the 1960s rapidly unraveling will black people lose the right to vote next then women? I asked my son today what he thought would happen if the current wh ever had to face a critical emergency say another attack on US soil. No one is running the government tiny hitler hates the military hates the free press hates anyone who isn’t white and male hates his staff and refuses to hold press briefings. It’s scary. I apologize for unloading here. It has been a long time since any kind of government paranoia has risen in me. I love you.
Rebecca

December 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm here and always up for a smash the patriarchy kind of day. Oh, and I hate America and thee it stands for, too.

December 28, 2019 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth let’s light our torches and smear our faces with menstrual blood and get some knives and build a fire.

current mood





ps can I borrow some menstrual blood?

December 29, 2019 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home