Saturday, February 1, 2020

Pig and farm report



my power came on around 2 a.m. but I know it won’t last as the wind is still severe and the rivers are flooding and power is out all over Island County and Snohomish County next door I drank a strong pot of black coffee this morning and yesterday I stocked up on water and toilet paper at the bait&tackle I’m pulling on my boots and wolves (I actually typed woolies but autocorrect was magik for me) and I’m heading outside to check for dangerous dangling tree branches make sure none of my forest has escaped to the road check my car just basic stuff then I’m going to make myself a giant hot breakfast if I can

it is barely light even though it is well past sunrise the sky is a pissed off sea creature and I don’t blame it not for one hot second my son won’t be back until tomorrow I miss him

it sure gets dark here at night when I lose power with not even my little bathroom nitelight glowing it is disorienting like the moments before you faint

Love to you Darklings in these strange times

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It IS disorienting when the power goes off. And dark, yes. I wish you had a generator. At least a little one that would run a few lights maybe.

February 1, 2020 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's probably better to sit in the dark then the "light" that is our day, our country, just all of it.

February 1, 2020 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary it is weird when it’s darker inside than out where we at least have stars. Good thing I’ve been practicing the fainting part though.
XO

February 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth it was a relief to have the teevee and news turned all the way off. I saw the shameful vote then I told my teevee to fuck right off then the power went out which finally made me laugh. I haven’t sat sobbing in front of a television for a long time but I did yesterday. Love Rebecca

February 1, 2020 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home