Thursday, April 2, 2020

The owl’s nest in my tree



I went to the beach but didn’t get out of the car we are all wearing masks now when we go anywhere everyone though I haven’t been anywhere I planted some wild flower seeds in a planter on my deck this morning and stared at the sky then it started to rain

I have watched no news today but my son just asked me to watch Rachel Maddow with him so I will the other day he asked me to watch something with him and I said no then he said please I’m so lonely and it broke me

we are all lonely together in this brave new

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Today is a day I hate this brave new so much.

sending love. I love that owl's nest. A barred owl attacked me when I was running this winter and I thought it was magic, though I was bleeding. And yesterday I saw a little cooper's hawk steal a dead squirrel from a clutch of crows. These are the things I keep trying to focus on but jesusfuckingchrist its hard.

April 2, 2020 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

That owl attacked my windshield the day I moved in. Her wingspan was breathtaking. Your owl sounds like a true Animal God visitation. I’m surprised the crows let the hawk win. Crows are such fierce warriors. We have very few crows out here but many ravens. Hawks too. Such natural beauty. Stay safe dear poet ♥️

April 2, 2020 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It must be hard on the people who are quarantined with
us loners. I really need to pay more attention to my husband when he wants to play cards or something. I'm so happy and content with my own little routines.

April 3, 2020 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary me too. But everything is different now so I am learning a different a more thoughtful way of being alone.♥️

April 3, 2020 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home