Thursday, May 14, 2020

corona 19.

corona 19.

on the anniversary
my son walks into the kitchen
carrying a measuring tape
extended six feet I shoot
him with a ginger root gun
on the anniversary of my sister
my heart is bolted to my sixth
rib that broke when I ran
across a wet bathroom floor
and fell grabbing
my two year old son
as he dove into a full tub
head first feet in the air
his remarkable handstand
on the anniversary of my sister
two ambulances two sheriffs
and a fire engine scream down
the street our neighbors
shoo their children inside
draw their curtains
no one talks no one knows
what happened on the anniversary
of my sister’s death I fold down
my Snow White sheet
place her nightie
in my body’s shallow smooth
it with my hands then I lie
beside her and whisper the secrets
of the known and unknown world
into her blond blond ear


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Too much loss.

May 14, 2020 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I know. ❤️

May 14, 2020 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Stunning

May 14, 2020 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

(((Elizabeth)))

May 15, 2020 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Your sister whispers back to you. This is haunting and painful and yet also beautiful.

May 15, 2020 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dear Rosemarie. I think she whispers back too this way inside poems. ❤️

May 15, 2020 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home