Friday, May 8, 2020

Pig and farm report



I have summoned the dreaded shopping guy again to replace food my son took with him on his journey (doesn’t venturing out seem like a journey now? a quest?) the worst part of shopping this way other than the cost is the constant texting do you want ripe or unripe avocados (I don’t care) can I replace whole tomatoes with crushed (yes anything but Hunts no Hunts) so Hunts crushed etcetera not only that but the phone either ringing or pinging with a text triggers my PTSD I only text with (to?) two people and one of them is my son that ping ping ping happens then waiting for a stranger to drive up sometimes texting me again asking front or back door (I don’t care) which also triggers my PTSD so I order then I crumple and hide and wait for it to end

none of this is okay but because I am 66 and have had pneumonia and bronchitis especially bronchitis frequently when I was a young I am a disposable human at least according to our government

Weekend Update

I lived through it and even got a small jar of peanut butter and just look at this sky so onward to my journey


mockingbird wish me luck


5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It sounds like it would almost be easier to go shopping yourself but of course that is not true. I just got back from town and I'm exhausted in all ways.
Here's what I wish- that people who never made bread in their life would just stop. That's so ugly but I need bread flour. Okay. I want bread flour.
A mockingbird flew over my head today and landed on a tree branch right next to me. He made a squawk like I've never heard a mockingbird make. I hope he was wishing me luck. And you too.

May 8, 2020 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary it would be folly for me to go to the store. I have panic attacks in stores in non plague times and that gets ramped up under a mask and that’s just for starters. So not easier at all and this way no chance of bumping into death.

May 8, 2020 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I understand. That's what I meant when I said, "Of course that's not true."
None of it is easy. Not one damn thing about it.

May 8, 2020 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I figure it takes me around 3 hours to get groceries. I am buying for us, and for my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. I am fairly crazed with it all. They are picky and I am picky about BANANAS. But you are right, it is stressful and cannot cannot cannot. I told my family that I will not do it anymore. And bless your head and chest and heart. (your mother, and mine, will stay dead)

May 9, 2020 at 5:01 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Amen.

May 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home