Thursday, May 7, 2020

I cried this morning at Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah then I turned on the telly to a silly Hugh Grant romcom and the tears didn’t stop they just came harder then my son saw me crying and for that I am sorry I have been holding it in afraid that once that shield is pierced there will be no stoppering it up again not for a long while but I dried up quick enough he is still preparing for his trip to his father’s only a four six hour drive (he just corrected me on that I forgot!) but one now that feels fraught and down in the weeds and dangerous and weird

I am going to attempt to write every day during my alone time even if it is just a sentence or two this morning a poet wrote on twitter “forgive my covid lit” a sentiment I have read many times lately the old lit standard that we should not write about topical circumstances and it makes me sad that some writers try to shame other writers into not writing about such an earthshaking event the way I see it is how can we write about anything else right now also to be honest I’m not an academic poet and I have never followed those prescribed rules even though I know them I unfollowed the poet who wrote that she does not follow me or know my work so it won’t hurt her feelings a small loss

I’m going to go see if John the Carpenter has eggs then let the day unfold

good morning from the left coast


6 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Good morning from New York. The sky is spectacularly blue here, not a cloud visible, it feels like a dangerous lie. But I plan step out into it, to stand under that sky.

May 7, 2020 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

No explaining the things that make me cry, could be insignificant as dust gathered or grand as a global pandemic and the folks losing their live, livelihoods and minds. I ask nothing of anyone and expect nothing from myself right now. If you write a word a day, that is tremendous( should not have used
that word!) It is as though any Rumpian word has become a swear word, he has ruined so much- what I mean to say, is- we are with you, we are all wearing the same dammit dress. And we do cry, most unexpectedly - the undercurrent of this laid back stay -at -home surfaces like a mighty wave. Existential WTF.

May 7, 2020 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It's so weird how we react. So absolutely unforeseen. I felt like a comedian today. Just being funny, funny, funny. Have I been bottling up all my humor? I know I've bottled up some tears like you but today it was the humor that had to come out. Bless us all. We're doing this the best we can.

May 7, 2020 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello dear Rosemarie. I thought about you under that NY sky and wondered if it tastes like summer there yet. Love to you and yours from hard spring.

May 8, 2020 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear Linda Sue yes to all of this but your dammit dress brought unexpected glee. I can hear that vile man’s voice in my head. I don’t think it will ever leave us. I no longer have paints but I have a chalk painted wall and chalk (and an eraser) which I’m thinking about now in terms of shapes instead of words. Thank you!

May 8, 2020 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Darling Mary laughing is as essential as bread. I am so thankful to have a funny son. His father is rather um dour but not really it’s just hard for him to show emotion. Now I will leave it to the catz to entertain me. XO

May 8, 2020 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home