Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 55

I’m considering suspenders to hold up my sad men’s pajama bottoms from Sears days into quarantine

also I drove to Mt. Vernon for absolutely no reason this morning and got stuck behind this guy so it took me a year to get home



in other news I ate a Boston cream donut that I did not make myself  it tasted like jesus heaven

tomorrow is instacart shopping day again making the list is more stressful than normal panic attack shopping because if I leave something off I don’t get another shot at it because I have to get up by 6 in the AM to get a shopping slot plus it is expensive because of the instacart charge plus the tip last week I got some paper towels but no toilet paper hopefully tomorrow I’ll get lucky 🧻 was there always a toilet paper emoji or is that new to the plague?

I made a pretty good mask but the elastic is wonky I took a picture of myself in it but my eyes looked like cry eyes even though I was smiling sort of it’s hard to get an authentic smile in a selfie so I deleted it

I saw three baby goats and a bunch of red cows today

Mt. Vernon which is the largest town still close to me is a ghost town it is entirely strange to drive around all the empty shopping palaces everything is off except for that Boston cream donut

a conversation I keep having with my son is that everything is going to look extremely different once this is over the way we shop and consume and entertain ourselves is all going to change none of the small restaurants and bars and bakeries and cakeries and shops and museums will survive the cost of closing and laying off their employees for any length of time they won’t be able to pay their rent and we are going to be shut down for at least a year in order for scientists to find a vaccine once we do “open up” people are going to be more cautious we are going to travel less and homestead more baking and canning and gardening will become more important we will wear our clothes longer and take better care of our toys bartering will come back into fashion giant companies like Amazon will overswell teeter then fall women’s hair will grow unruly and natural and their acrylic fingernails will reveal the soft nails below leg and armpit hair will come back into fashion and men will realize what women actually do but we are survivors we have sense memories of how to bring joy to ourselves writers will write musicians will play painters will paint chickens will lay and cows and goats will give milk we won’t be going back to crowded theaters for a long time and our children and grandchildren and unborn children will be stronger and less dependent on video games and electronics to entertain themselves and they will be spectacular humans who value the elders in their society something that is glaringly missing from our current society and the whales and giant turtles will return to our seas bumblebees will thrive and we’ll all learn how to change our own damn oil



5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I had some pizza today which I did not make and which I thought was going to be AMAZING because I did not make it but it really wasn't.
I think that a Boston cream donut would have satisfied all of my fantasies though.
It's been a week since I went shopping and I haven't even started a list yet! Okay. I was going to today but I couldn't find an index card which is what I make my lists on and how can you put "index cards" on a list when you don't have index cards to put a list on?
This is about where I'm at today.

April 28, 2020 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

And you even missed the last Cassandra part of this post because I was still writing it and you might be glad of it. Pizza. It’s never the same at home no matter how delicious.❤️

April 28, 2020 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, Cassandra- I hope to hell you are right.

April 29, 2020 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

May it all be so. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 29, 2020 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Barbara. How are you? I’m an idealist it’s true. ❤️❤️❤️

April 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home