Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pig and farm report



we drove to the state park gates and on the way back this fire engine came tearing down the road toward us in our lane lights blazing sirens bleating we pulled over then this guy jumped out and sauntered up that path he scared the crap straight out of me I don’t know why he was there but he wasn’t running and I couldn’t see where the other firemen went it was deeply unsettling though


we’ve been watching a Pacific wren build a nest in the eaves of our front porch she is a tireless worker who takes a break at noon then gets back at it one twig and piece of moss at a time this pic is the beginning of the nest those smart little wrens usually build on the ground and never much higher than six feet and they also build decoy nests which I think is amazing

today the tide was so low that the salt sea wood fire kelp lilac grassy smell was such a strong perfume I wish you all could taste that smell right now

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

WTFF on that fire (dog?) man?
Lord.
Birds charm me to pieces in all of their many and various forms.
So do you. In all of your many and various forms.
In other words- love you dearly.

April 26, 2020 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That fireman looked like a clown to me, at first. Creepy stuff everywhere, I guess.

You should bottle that smell.

April 26, 2020 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

He would scare the crap out of me too! Wish I could smell that lilac tinged scent too.
Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 26, 2020 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home