Monday, April 6, 2020

Pig and farm report

I made English muffins yesterday the first bread we’ve had since forever? two weeks? I’ve lost track then I made spinach and tomato Benedict with insane hollandaise that I literally have only made once a year up until today and it was every bit as delicious this morning as it is at Thanksgiving I just happened to have a lot of eggs Jack The Egg Man’s chickens have been busy



no filter on that picture the sauce was just that yellow on account of happy birds and a shit ton of butter after breakfast we drove around the island and I met a pig an actual gigantic pot bellied pig who stood in her driveway as if bolted there and chewed as she made eye contact with me her driveway was connected to a tiny house which made the pig look even bigger my son swears the pig was eating gravel but I told him that pigs are smarter than dogs and they are and you could see the intelligence in this pig’s eyes as she gave me a stare that told me trespassers are not welcome not that I would dare touch even a toe on that driveway she was glorious the kid spent the rest of the day working on his ‘57 Chevy a never ending pastime and I played in the garden because it’s 55 degrees out the warmest day of the year so far and my tomato babies are yearning to hop into their beds


I really just came here to tell you about the pig because she was so outstanding  and I think this is my first Pig and farm report with an actual pig

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Remember when I kept seeing that giant, tremendous pot belly pig on my walks? Obviously whoever owns her has figured out how to keep her fenced in but I miss her.

April 6, 2020 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I DO remember your pig! 🐖 🐷❤️

April 6, 2020 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Did you hear me chuckle? All the way up the coast!

April 6, 2020 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

♥️♥️♥️Elizabetta♥️♥️♥️

April 7, 2020 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home