Saturday, April 4, 2020

Pig and farm report



today was gorgeous but nothing happened much I have felt sick but have been reluctant to write about it here because I am wary of people offering advice especially now during the plague I have a juicy cough the same damn juicy cough I get every year when the trees explode I am taking Mucinex which I had left over from the last damn time I had the juicy cough I wanted to walk down the hill to the new place where they’ve murdered some trees and are now burning the murdered trees in a giant bonfire but I knew that if I coughed even up here a half mile up the hill the tree murderers would hear and let slip the dogs of war and just walking around in my woods tasting and smelling the giant bonfire smoke made my throat dry so now I have a dry throat plus a juicy cough and I didn’t get to watch the giant bonfire and all of this makes me want to get naked and wrap myself in yellow police tape and stand out by the road as a kind of religious icon a triple pronged relic of the catholic church signaling Old Person + Cough + Dry Throat BEWARE!

today’s mood:  WE’RE ALL DOOMED

I ordered some groceries from town things my darling son thought I didn’t need like stinky cheese and ice cream and potato chips and pickles and mayonnaise I also ordered some bread flour which their site seems to have but I don’t know for sure if they have any of it or if they’ll just bring what’s there a big red flashing sign near blinded me when I typed toilet paper the sign read WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE TRYING TO FOOL WE KNOW YOU STILL HAVE FOUR ROLLS LEFT IN YOUR BATHROOM CLOSET so apparently no toilet paper yet the groceries are  supposed to be delivered tomorrow it was stressful as fuck because I’m not used to ordering by brand and I felt new and weirdly disconnected and discombobulated trying to get my order in before the site crashed (again) and angry at the thought of how lucky I am to be able to throw good money after bad as my dad or someone posing as my dad or someone who maybe played my dad in a movie used to say what with the delivery fee and the tip then I thought about the people without internet access who really need this service who can’t get it not even at the library because of the cost and lack of internet then I thought if I actually do get flour I’ll make English muffins because the kid likes them and they make good sandwiches so I spent the rest of the day searching for my English muffin rings to no avail they have gone missing along with the table runner I wanted to embroider the house has suddenly developed a random appetite for whatever I need at the moment and haha the potato salad item I forgot to put on the list?


potatoes.



I did manage to remember that tomorrow is the anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s suicide though



I’m exhausted




2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Just breathing and thinking is more than I seem to be able to handle. Of course when I say "thinking" I don't mean in any sort of real way or regular definition. That ability seems to have passed by the wayside.
I hope you get flour with all of my heart.

April 5, 2020 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary me too. I asked jesus for flour this morning which felt truly sinful and selfish but I did it anyway. Good morning and happy Palm Sunday. ❤️

April 5, 2020 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home