Friday, April 3, 2020

Pig and farm report






my son braved the store again today he wore a mask and left early enough not to run in to anyone else except for one woman who mistook him for her husband because of the mask and he reached up for the vinegar for her anyway because that’s what tall people do he did find one roll of paper towels and a bottle of olive oil but not half the items on my list I tried to sign up for the store’s delivery service but I think their website must have crashed because of so many people doing the same

I made us good old fashioned fried potatoes and onions and scrambled bright orange yoked eggs then we went for a random drive all over the island and found a strange mad hatter artist bit of property with goats and a gorgeously built goat house (it’s in the second picture I didn’t want to get too close no closer than the eggs) and yard art and an abandoned Greyhound bus and several pitched tents in which people appear to be living and an honest to bog circus tent

this is not my egg man but I did buy eggs from the new egg man who seems way more I Am The Walrus than Jack this place is very close to the Free Little Library in a Ma Bell phone booth I found last fall and now that makes more sense when the plague is gone I aim on making the acquaintance of The Walrus of learning his goats’ names and scritching between their goaty horns and taking a closer look around

I also saw a horse rolling on her back in the spring grass with complete joy and abandon

today has been an excellent day taken as it must be apart from all other days before and after

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Goo goo ga'joob...
You've been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.

I

April 3, 2020 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Yes it’s possible I’ve finally located my people out here in the middle of nowhere

April 3, 2020 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home