Sunday, April 5, 2020

corona 11.

corona 11.

on palm sunday I ask
crucified Jesus to bring
me a bag of flour and I know
the sins of my father
a sodden sorrow man
who stood in the rogue
river to die alone
who held christ like cake
in his drunken bloat heart
on palm sunday I ask
crucified jesus
to bring me a bag of flour
a girl carries a box of food
to my porch I tape
a twenty dollar bill
to the window and I know
the sins of my mother
who hoarded food
and sweaters
and television jewelry
and shoes
and budgies in cages
and filth and rot
and money
on palm sunday
I ask crucified jesus
to bring me a bag of flour
I eat the sins of my father
I eat the sins of my mother
frantic and afraid I ask
crucified jesus
to bring me
a bag of flour
a father who swims
a mother who loves
in the hour of my wealth

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Sometimes it would seem that you manage to take part of my heart/brain/bones and set them to words.

April 5, 2020 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh damn sweet Mary you actually made me cry now only the third time I’ve really let go since quarantine thank you♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

April 5, 2020 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

This corona series really is wonderful. You’re setting it down as no one else could, this surreal season.

April 8, 2020 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home