Friday, June 25, 2021

Pig and farm report

 


Writing my way backward through intense joy writing my way backward through the beginning solstice writing my way backward through my newly shorn blonde blonde hair writing my way backward through pushing paint around until I stop judging myself writing my way backward to practice writing my way backward through miles (and miles) of jam writing my way backward through the farmers market kettle corn fresh fried doughnut spring onion pink dahlias lolling in my arms writing my way backward into summer dresses writing my way backward into reading writing my way backward I. Hope. Finally. into writing the full moon extraordinary low tides that salt air fragrant woodsmoke from campers at the state park the startled heron in my yard the hoard of giant monarch butterflies that suddenly descended drinking from my hummingbird feeders flickering in and out of vision and my joy unabated this morning I shaved my legs for only the second time in two years and opened all the windows to morning before drowning in cherry light there is no bell box on the door the lantern light casts down hard to my left near my heart I want to volunteer a standard method of gloriously happy

Hello Darklings I’ve missed you

9 Comments:

Blogger Linda Sue said...

You have been missed! I do like going backwards with you- backwards is safe and - doughnut! Oh yes , please.

June 25, 2021 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello! Hello! I feel like I am calling down through the tears. Hello! Stay cool today in this buggery heat. Love and cherries 🍒

June 25, 2021 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, my darling woman! You have written your way backwards to here.
And I am as glad of that as I could be of anything.
That jam is the color of our birthstone.

June 25, 2021 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

We are ruby beauties are we not? ♌️

June 25, 2021 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I haven't been on the interwebs in weeks and here you are, my first day back. I looked at the moon tonight and thought of you.

June 25, 2021 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Darling E, I too have been offline. I’m so glad you found me here at the edge. ❤️

June 25, 2021 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

"I want to volunteer a standard method of gloriously happy"

what more could ever be said?

June 26, 2021 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello Rebecca the Greater. Sending love over the invisible transom.

June 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh love and love. And love. YOOOOUUUUU ARRREEEEE HHHEEERRREEEEE. I've been hearing her over and over lately. Must be because you were riding the winds, coming ever closer. And now the storm has landed you. This Meg is ever so gladdened.

June 27, 2021 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home